Thread: Anybody been up Willard Basin Road this season?

Anybody been up Willard Basin Road this season?

I'm trying to get an idea of conditions on the road from Mantua up to Willard Basin. Most mentions I've found on the internet are several years old. Some of them make it sound like a serious rock-crawling trail. I'm hoping somebody here has some reliable and up-to-date info. Thanks in advance!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I haven't been up this year but it was graded last year. It sees a ton of traffic from ATV's and regular vehicles. I imagine you will find some pretty good washboards and maybe a little divoting on the sharper corners. Watch for other vehicles and you should be fine. The view is certainly worth it.

You could drive it in a car if you wanted to nothing serious to worry about. I have driven it twice this year on my 4 wheeler

OK, thanks for the replies. Obviously a lot of work has been done on it, since earlier reports make it sound pretty bad. BTW, I'm hoping to get up there so I can bag Willard Peak and Ben Lomond without hiking so far, lol. ;)

Follow-up: I was out there on August 6. As chaos said, it's in really good shape. Personally, I wouldn't drive my car up there but it certainly was no problem in the Xterra.

I was surprised how much traffic there was, especially for a Tuesday. Plenty of quads, especially. There were multiple vehicles on Inspiration Point when I got up there and that was at about 10:00 in the morning.

Oh, and I did achieve my goal of hiking to the top of Ben Lomond and Willard Peak as well. :)