Thread: Logan Canyon Sampler, Ver 4.0

Logan Canyon Sampler, Ver 4.0

Just to get it on people's calendars, this will be taking place on Saturday Sept 28 this year. We had a super good turnout last year and hopefully we can do it again.

The route is still TBD, but it will be ~40 miles, self-supported, and completely unsanctioned. Just a bunch of people spending the day on mountain bikes. Contact me with any questions. I will post an update once the route gets finalized.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Wish I could

That sounds like a blast Neil. I already have a commitment that Saturday, but I'll have to make it up there some other time to hit Logan's great trails.

REMINDER:

I just wanted to bump this and remind everybody that we are doing this on Saturday, Sept 28. It is very likely that the route will be the same one we did in 2010 (unless I change my mind...). See the gps file attached. We are shooting for a start time of 7:30 am. That means we will be meeting at first dam (at the mouth of Logan Canyon) at 6:30am. We will shuttle up to Tony Grove.

Ride:
    down Blind Hollow
    up Temple Fork Sawmill
    down Willow Creek
    up Rick's Canyon
    down, then up on a Forest Road
    down, down, down, Spring Hollow (optional traverse on Northern Syncline, down Dry Canyon, to first dam)
    back to first dam.

~37 miles, ~6000' climbing, ~8800' descending

There will be an extra credit, super tough man extension option. Instead of the last climb on the road up to Spring Hollow, you go down Richard's Hollow. Then up Leatham Hollow, then UP the forest road to Spring Hollow. I will figure out the stats for this one, but I'm guessing it's about 3000' more climbing and another ~14 miles or so.

Disclaimer: This is not a supported ride. There are no aid stations. Those that join us should be self sufficient and have a GPS, map, knowledge of the area, or be able to stick with a group that knows where they are going. That being said, there are multiple options to shorten the ride by bailing down to the highway if necessary. A local bike shop may be providing "breakfast" for everybody at first dam (details to come). We will be stashing food/water the night before at the halfway point. If you want in on that action, let me know. Let me know if there are any questions. There are some decent places to camp near the start of the ride if you are so inclined.

Post here if you are interested so I can get a ballpark of how many people will be riding.