Thread: Eaton Canyon

Eaton Canyon

Has anyone been through Eaton canyon recently? I wanted to find out about anchor and water conditions.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Eaton has water year round. It can be cold it flows most of the time. As of early June the anchors were all in good condition, bolts and natural anchors. I wore my Shorty in June (it was a very hot day too) and was good, my daughter was cold without a wet suit.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dxrb4kfUIic
    A video my wife made of that day.

Went through 3 days ago...... Lots of Poison Oak once leaving the fire road and in the long march in the middle section. Water levels are very, very low, just a trickle. Water barely there by the last 2 raps. All slides and jumps other than the slide of faith are doable. The Slide of Faith Rap anchor is in the watercourse around the last two boulders before the drop. Do not put webbing around the small tree further back. For a little more fun set the rope length 10 or possibly 15 feet above the pool and rap off the rope (have someone go down and check for depth and debris first). No wetsuits were used and temps were in the 70's, that being said it got slightly chilly at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Steevo View Post
    Eaton has water year round. It can be cold it flows most of the time. As of early June the anchors were all in good condition, bolts and natural anchors. I wore my Shorty in June (it was a very hot day too) and was good, my daughter was cold without a wet suit.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dxrb4kfUIic
    A video my wife made of that day.
    Steevo I was the group that passed you at the drop in........here's the video of our descent........