Thread: Zion

Zion

Alright... I'm going to be in Zion with my family doing canyons for four days.... which trade canyons currently have water after the recent rains?

Pine Creek?

Keyhole?

Echo?

Red Cave?

What's the current condition of the Mystery Springs rappel? I heard the small swimmer at the bottom was back, any truth to the rumor?

Get back to me before the weekend begins, anyone doing routes over the 24th please post.

Thanks!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

As of Sunday, both Keyhole and Pine Creek have water. We were told at the backcountry desk that Pine Creek was dry but it looked like it got water on Saturday afternoon. We took wetsuits just in case and we were very happy that we did. Ran through Keyhole without wetsuits and were just fine.

Water Canyon is tip top full of water also.

Pool at mystery springs was a swimmer about a month ago so with recent rains I would guess it still is.

i am going up on to do pine creek and keyhole on friday. Is pine creek full to the cathedral or full all the way? it looked like yesterday they got hit and maybe again today.
    IT ALWAYS LOOKS HIGHER FROM THE TOP!!!!

Pine Creek is full all the way

I went through Mystery on Monday, the pool on the second to last rappel was about 8' deep, with all the rain Monday night it got plenty more!!

Went through Keyhole on Sunday, plenty of water and no wetsuits. The water was cool but not freezing. I'm guessing it got plenty of rain on Monday too.

9. Likes ratagonia liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Alright... I'm going to be in Zion with my family doing canyons for four days....
    Iceaxe is going to endure the zion permit system? This is bigger news than the new prince being born.

Quote Originally Posted by mzamp View Post
    Iceaxe is going to endure the zion permit system? This is bigger news than the new prince being born.

I'm actually going because a friend offered to deal with the permits. Actually he called and said he had permits if we wanted to join him. My total involvement with the permit fiasco system is zero....

12. Likes mzamp liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mzamp View Post
    Hopefully he will give a trip report on Behunin - jewel of Zion slots.

I can promise you that the butthole of Zion that some call Behunin is NOT on the list.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

I did Echo and Keyhole Saturday (20th) both had water neither above armpits and i'm 6' neither needing a wetsuit. Each had 1 cold pool and we were in and out of those areas in a few seconds. Keyhole's coldest area was the flooded corridor. Echo's pot holes were all dry and all escaped without a partner. I hope to be posting a TR soon.

Hope that helps.

Sunday when we came out of Keyhole we got hammered with hale. It had a good amount of water but should be full now. Did it without wetsuits with no issues. Monday Mystery springs flashed while we were in it. When it stopped the narrows flashed to 500 ft a second. ( story coming later ). The pool after the first 120 is a swimmer and cold but felt great. Tue and Wed has not had much rain. Today is clear and hot so far.

Quote Originally Posted by iflycr500 View Post
    Monday Mystery springs flashed while we were in it. When it stopped the narrows flashed to 500 ft a second. ( story coming later ).
    Life is Good

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Quote Originally Posted by iflycr500 View Post
    Mystery springs flashed while we were in it. When it stopped the narrows flashed to 500 ft a second. ( story coming later ).
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?