Thread: Camping Spots.

Camping Spots.

Just to clarify. When i come up for a quicky canyon i usually camp in coal pitts wash. I notice last time i was driving down kolob mtn road there was a neat little spot next to the river that was maybe 2 miles past the turn off from Hyway 9. is this an open area or is it closed.
    IT ALWAYS LOOKS HIGHER FROM THE TOP!!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Hmmmm.....word is that Coal Pitts is closed. I think I spied that river spot you mentioned last time I was there...do tell if you check it out, as I'll be in Zion the first week of August.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

google earth shows people camping there.
    IT ALWAYS LOOKS HIGHER FROM THE TOP!!!!

If I recall, that spot is on private land. The owner does not mind if used, but there is a requested fee to use the area. There is a pay box or something. I have not camped there, but have driven by numerous times and noted the signs last year.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

I found this link when I was looking for spots to sleep in my car last week. It's a bit old, but still seems applicable:

http://www.zionadventures.com/ZBlog/...avelers-guide/

I ended up at the spot 2 miles up Kolob Terrace Rd. There is spray painted sign instructing to use by donation, but no pay box that I noticed. Since I pulled in at 11pm, parked, slept in my car for 5 hours and left again, I can't say that I tried too hard. There was at least one other vehicle there and those folks were still up and drinking by a fire (I believe) when I rolled in. There was enough room for me to move out of sight and earshot. It was a good spot in my opinion and perfect for my needs.

Yeah, coalpits is closed. This past Memorial Day was the straw that broke the camel's back. At mid-day there were no less than 60 cars parked there. I'm sure the piles of shit and the writhing masses of dirty hippies and their garbage helped expedite its closure. It's ok, I still have my secret spots on the west side and up on the terrace:)