Thread: Canyoneering partners

Canyoneering partners

Hey all-
    I've had a lot of fun following you crazy Boglers (Bogleyites?) for a couple months; gleaning beta, tips and techniques, while enjoying some great arm-chair adventures with all of your great trip reports. And I would love to join you all.
    I climb, hike and backpack and now it's all led to canyoneering. I've been enjoying it here and there, and have descended a handful of the usual intro canyons- Zero Gravity, Subway, Mystery and Pine Creek, the usual North Wash suspects (Mid and East Lep and the two Blarneys), as well as some of the odds and ends (Black Box, Black Hole, Lisa Falls).
    Problem is my climbing partners would rather climb and my hiking partners would rather hike. And me, I'd rather drop down a canyon.
    So if anyone out there is ever short a partner, gimme a holler. I'm in the SLC area, am fully equipped and ready to go.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Welcome to Bogley MiCamp,

Many folks are in the same partner deficient boat that you are in. You have come to the right place.

People would like to more about you though:

Name?
    Age?
    Male/Female?
    Moocher?
    Like camping over motels?
    How many hookers have you killed?
    Do you own a wetsuit?
    Pro/Against show-don't-tell?
    Do you have a truck? Subaru? Prius?
    What days of the week work best for you?
    Do you have a bolt kit?

Bob
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

Thanks Bob for the response.
    So yeah, a bit more info about myself.

My name is Micah, I'm in my forties and male.

Mooching of course depends on what kind of snacks you brought.

I generally prefer to camp, but there are always exceptions. After mid lep and driving back into Hanksville for beer, we also grabbed a motel room and I had no problem with it.

Dead hookers, of course are covered under the show-don't-tell policy.

I've got an old wetsuit that needs to be replaced. Damn zipper is in the front.

I spend a lot of time in Cedar Mesa and with ruins, rock art and artifacts my policy has always been show-don't-tell. But with that in mind, I love showing respectful people what is there.

I wish I still had my Tacoma, lot's of good times. But it went it's way and now I've got a Jetta.

I work nights, so I have days free and any Friday or Saturday is always a go. With a bit of notice it's generally pretty easy for me to trade around some shifts and open things up.

I have a bolt-kit, hooking kit, pot-shots, ascenders, several ropes (2x 60 meter, a 30 meter and a 60 meter pull cord) and the like.

5. Likes Slot Machine liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by MiCamp View Post
    Dead hookers, of course are covered under the show-don't-tell policy.
    ^ Pure gold. Over the fence and out of the park! ^

TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

I wish I still had my Tacoma, lot's of good times. But it went it's way and now I've got a Jetta.
    don't knock the jetta's man, I took mine all over the dirt roads of the swell and roost and it did great. Glad I have a jeep now though.

Are you free Thur.? I live down near SF and I've been meaning to hit up the Great White Icicle and possibly rocky mouth as well.

Don't get me wrong I love the Jetta, kinda crazy some of the places I've taken it to and it rocks; it's jut that I really loved my truck.

Ah man, now I'm all misty eyed again.

I'd love to hit up the icicle or rocky mouth this Thursday.

I work at 4 and so we'd need to get on it early but definitely lets do it. I may be able to cover my shift though and that'd give us all the time we want.

I'll send you a PM and we'll work out some details.

I'd love to hit up the icicle or rocky mouth this Thursday.

I work at 4 and so we'd need to get on it early but definitely lets do it. I may be able to cover my shift though and that'd give us all the time we want.
    I've done The Icicle 3 times in the past 3 weeks; got the approach fine tuned.

If you want a third member in your group, I'm down for Thursday morning too.

That sounds great. Lets plan on it.