Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LocoL Ridez

LocoL Ridez

I'm getting close with my thumb. I'm taking my boy out tomorrow and I'll get a good feel for it. Still working on full movement and grip, but it fells great with a regular glove on. My Husa has been a little deprived lately. @Garbanzo fixed it up real nice!

It looks like I could prolly ride the next 3 Tuesdays in the evening and on the 29-31st I'll be home alone.

If you wanna hit AF, maybe Hobble Creek, Etc... Hit me up.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Talk to me sweet heart
    I've been needing to get up that way for a while and I Like the fuel and tire stuff but mostly the tire stuff

Anyways I'd love to try and get a ride in with you and garbo and all that will ride.

Keeping a close eye on this one.
    THE 29-31 looks like a fun time.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

If your riding the 23 I may be in depending on the time your riding. I just changed all the linkage bearings and swing arm bearings and did the best up date any bike can have in my opinion. I put a z-start pro in. I had no idea the difference it would make. It feels like an entirely different bike. Can't believe how much easier it is to ride on the trails. Took it up last weekend to Lewis Peak and it was a dream! I didn't tell my friend about it until after he rode it. He thought some was wrong with the clutch but couldn't believe how it crawled now. He thought it was from the 1 tooth bigger rear Sprocket I put on. Both of us were utterly surprised on how awesome it was.

Sent from my SPH-L900

So acca, How is this thumb working for you so far?
    I want to get up that way and ride with you but I have a ton on the plate at the moment.
    Don't give up on me just yet however I am getting up there to ride but it may very well be a week or 2 or 3 pending? You know me.

And on top of it all seems I need to remember to bring up all my old stuff for a new fellow rider.:)
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSpecialized View Post
    If your riding the 23 I may be in depending on the time your riding. I just changed all the linkage bearings and swing arm bearings and did the best up date any bike can have in my opinion. I put a z-start pro in. I had no idea the difference it would make. It feels like an entirely different bike. Can't believe how much easier it is to ride on the trails. Took it up last weekend to Lewis Peak and it was a dream! I didn't tell my friend about it until after he rode it. He thought some was wrong with the clutch but couldn't believe how it crawled now. He thought it was from the 1 tooth bigger rear Sprocket I put on. Both of us were utterly surprised on how awesome it was.

Sent from my SPH-L900
    I can ride the evening of the 23 for a few hours. Wanna ride? Anyone else?

What trails are you thinking? I rode yesterday with the boy up to Mineral Basin and had a blast. He hated the boulder field at the top, but I didnt like it either!!!!!

I am not hard core by any stretch, but would love an easy beginner ride. I am free the 23rd in the evening and live close to AF canyon, real close......

If you promise to ride 1 handed, I could possibly keep up!

HMM 29-31 hey? HMMMMMM mmmmm mmmmmmhmmmm.

Is this all day or just after work?

Quote Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON View Post
    What trails are you thinking? I rode yesterday with the boy up to Mineral Basin and had a blast. He hated the boulder field at the top, but I didnt like it either!!!!!

I am not hard core by any stretch, but would love an easy beginner ride. I am free the 23rd in the evening and live close to AF canyon, real close......

If you promise to ride 1 handed, I could possibly keep up!
    Prolly ride the single track up from the dam. Then just ride a loop. I am still working on my thumb, so I don't want to hit anything too crazy or rocky. Just take it easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnseeker1 View Post
    HMM 29-31 hey? HMMMMMM mmmmm mmmmmmhmmmm.

Is this all day or just after work?
    Looking at Monday or Tuesday evening. Headlight required...

I will be at the tibble fork parking lot around 6-6:15 pm. If you wanna ride give me a shout.

Crap, my wife reminded last night that I promised to go with her to the bountiful parade tonight, I totally forgot about it. I really wish I could go. You know what they say, a happy wife is a happy life. Still trying to get out of it but that is not likely. It may have to be August sometime, I have scout camp all next week.

The bike is really running great. I haven't stalled it once with the new z-start pro. It really like a whole new bike, amazing!!

Sent from my SPH-L900

Red, where are you going to SC at??? I will be @ Treasure Mtn up in Wyoming next week.

Quote Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON View Post
    Red, where are you going to SC at??? I will be @ Treasure Mtn up in Wyoming next week.
    You doing the Scout thing too huh, we're going to the east fork of the bear in the Unitas. The new Hinkley Scott Ranch. Used to be camp Frontier and tomahawk. We will have to go riding when we get back.

Sent from my SPH-L900

Let me know how camp is. Treasure Mtn is far and away better than any other camps we have done.

PS, this is the view down the pipe of my kids XR80. Is the screen way down there the spark arrestor, or is it missing one?

Name:  spark arrestor.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  74.0 KB

Sorry for the thread drift, but it looks like everyone in this forum is on this thread anyways.....

No prob on the drift. Looks fine to me? I say braaaaaaap!

Say brapp with an attitude
    So can anyone get me a ride for two days while we stall for the head lamp rides?

It's a long drive for afternoon delights.

At 7:15 a KTM went past swinging bridge and the driver was dressed for a ride. I sat there eating fried chicken............

Oh well, it was a nice night with the family and my parents in the canyon. There will be other nights for riding. In good news I changed the oil tonight and found a very nice metal filter where I was going to put a cheap paper one. Cleaned it up nice and put it back in.

Bad news is there was a little metal glitter on the filter. My neighbor looked at it and was not alarmed. There was a little brass looking glitter and some that stuck to a magnet, so we will see what it looks like after a ride or 2. I was able to find a very nicely done thread on DRZ oil changes which made it easy for a noob.

Carry on....

To ride or to not to ride is the question?

LET'S FRIGGIN RIDE and forget fried chicken until we get off the mtn. A beer or two is all good if you keep them on ice however.

Get that DRZ up there. Great bike and all show some signs of wear. very normal.
    I'd never worry about a DRZ unless a total dumb messed with it. Them bikes rock. Trust me on this one bro. They are as bullet proof as an XR. Pretty hard to mess them up but it can be done.

Looking at all the little things like steel oil filter, upgraded air filters, skid covers on all sorts of places to prevent damage, etc. I suspect the PO took as good as care as possible of the bike and that at some point it will need some work, but time will tell.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum