Thread: Main Salmon - July 2013

Main Salmon - July 2013

Just got off Main Salmon family trip on July 3, 2013. Flow was 1.5ft @ Corn Creek (5,900 cfs). Weather was perfect every day, not even one rain storm. Thought I'd share the video of class 3 stuff on the river in case others are curious what it's like out there.

Two creeks in MFS blew out during our trip and the water was really changing consistency from clear to black to mud the whole way down.

We did the trip in 5 days, which seemed a bit short for the Main. Only one IK swam in our group, so no carnage action was recorded.

The highlight of the trip was the food. One guy in the group wanted to do all the cooking and he was good! Breakfast was all cooked to order and different every day. For dinners he did: spaghetti with home made sauce, elk fajitas which were to die for, dutch oven personal pizzas (kids loved it), and for the last night it was a sea food boil (I really should have taken pictures of it!)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv5J8jRmQRc&amp;hd=1" target="_blank">

2. Likes accadacca liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Very nice, looks like a fun run.

Nice Video! Any of Salmon Falls at that level?
    What canyons blew out on the MFS? Checked the forest site and didn't see any news.

Quote Originally Posted by middlefork View Post
    Nice Video! Any of Salmon Falls at that level?
    What canyons blew out on the MFS? Checked the forest site and didn't see any news.
    I recorded Salmon Falls, it was a small class 2 rapid at this level, wasn't worth putting it on the video.

I don't know the names of the creeks, but the guys were saying the lower two, close to the confluence with the Main. Also, 2 days prior to our launch the creek 2 miles up from Corn Creek blew out and washed out the road to Corn Creek. By the time we got there, the crews cleared out the debris.

Kinda figured it wouldn't be much but it is a lot of rock sitting in the middle of the river. It always amazes me the power of mother nature to change the rivers. Must have been some pretty good storms.