Thread: Cascading Rocky Mouth Falls

Cascading Rocky Mouth Falls

Rocky Mouth Falls is a beautiful waterfall located in Draper Utah. The falls have really easy access and the trail to the falls is really short and very pretty! It, however, IS NOT very stroller friendly. (Yes we did haul a baby in a stroller up to the falls, it was pretty awesome).

I can tell when summer is here when I can start going on week day adventures to the local waterfalls! It is one of my very favorite things! Rocky Mouth proved to be a really fun evening activity with some friends and their Family.

Full TR can be found here

Canyoneering with with a baby and a stroller! I LOVE this picture. Nothing says MANLY more than a dad pushing a stroller with his helmet and backpack on!

Just Happy to be here!

Walking up and around the cliffs to get to the falls.

The falls are down there some where

Not even sure this rapple is even needed. BUT we like to rappel, so we do it anyway. I down climbed this first section really easy with out a rope.

THUMBS UP for awesome weekday adventures!

CanyoneeringUtah.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Blog Entries
    It is a good one. Short and to the point.

Good pics, especially the backpack on and pushing the stroller.
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

5. Likes Kuya liked this post
    With temps expected to top 100 this week it might be a good time to hit the falls.

And for anyone that needs it:

Rocky Mouth Route Description

Thanks for all the info. We're thinking of doing Rocky Mouth while we're out in SLC this weekend!! Looks great and perfect for the forecast

EDIT:
    What crazy weather there was this weekend! When we left the car for the falls, it was 95 and sunny. By the time we reached the arete, the temperature had dropped to 85 and the clouds were threatening rain. A flash of lightening off in the distance encouraged us to retreat and save this awesome looking rap for a future adventure.