Thread: Your GoPro mounts and accessories, and how you use them

Your GoPro mounts and accessories, and how you use them

Hey GoPro geeks, what kind of mounts, tools, and other gear do you use when filming with your GoPro?

What model are you shooting with? Do you use the LCD screen, smartphone app, etc....

I currently have my original Hero1 still but i film mostly with my Hero3 Black.

rather than list all of my mounts i think I'll just snap a picture and post it up in a bit.

I just picked up the Floaty Backdoor, i figured with as much boating footage i shoot, and worse yet, as much as i hand the camera over to others while on the water, I'd better grab it. Not bad, $15 locally at Best Buy.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1372208654886.jpg
Views: 1676
Size:  48.8 KB

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I'll see if i can itemize this photo later.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1372226728401.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  51.8 KB

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Mounts? Good hell man I'm still trying to figure the edit thing

But have got rid of the clicks with the little white rubber do dad

Some of us are wayyyyy beyond help.

I'd just as soon turn mine over to Anyone that is fool enough to follow.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

I have a helmet camera mount on my helmet, a hiking stick mount like yours and the stern mount on my boat:

This is on the back of my boat on a 1.5" PVC pipe
    Name:  945061_4572698517085_360314829_n.jpg
Views: 1390
Size:  43.3 KB

The hiking pole mount:

Name:  1001319_4799367463667_148186327_n.jpg
Views: 862
Size:  65.0 KB

I use the helmet mount and that is about it. Everything else was a waste of money.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    I use a handlebar mount (ATV), the headstrap, the flat mount (on my truck windshield) and I've also used a chest rig for sky diving. Sadly, of late, I'll take my GoPro's (x3) only to find out that my SD cards are full..
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

I suggest a kite seems you can loose one or two Som.
    Just kidding maybe?, Love how you are always looking to a new view....
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.

For mountain biking, I use the chesty, helmet, and handlebar mount, which I usually put on my seatpost pointing backward. I like the rear tire view for some reason, particularly on trails where we are doing a couple laps, I'll do one facing forward and one behind. It gets some good shots of the rider behind me, too, since I'm usually not fast enough to keep up with the person in front of me! This video is a composite of top of my AM helmet (which wiggles a little bit w/ a camera on top -- adhesive side mount on my DH helmet is more stable), seat post, and my brother's helmet. He took my dad's GP with his headstrap and just put it on his DH helmet, and although we didn't think it would work at all, it produced surprisingly stable footage.

This one is chesty and seat post. I haven't gotten great footage from the chesty -- seems bouncier than helmet, although that is probably due to my physique and the fact that I can't stand it to be super tight. I also don't like how the view changes when you go from standing to seated, although riding lifts, you're pretty much standing all the time. I was also using a couple articulating mounts on the seat post to get a better view, but they would not hold up to the bouncing and kept falling down. Did make for good footage of what my rear suspension linkage was doing, though!

For other than mountain biking (hiking, family outings, etc.), I pretty much just use a pole. I can't remember the brand, but it is the one with an orange grip, telescopes out about 3 ft.

Re: other stuff, I have a GP Black. I bought the lcd touch screen -- the idea of a camera w/o a viewfinder seemed so weird that I just bought it when I bought the camera -- but I seldom use it due to battery life and the fact that I like the slimmer camera profile w/o the extra items on the back. Same w/ the GP app -- at first, I used it all the time for viewfinding and such, but I don't use it much anymore, and when I do, it is mostly just to change settings on the camera, as it is much easier/quicker on the app than with the camera's buttons. But the way my camera eats batteries w/ the wifi on, and the fact that I have more confidence in my ability to get a good shot w/o looking at the view, I don't use the app much, either -- in retrospect, I would have been fine w/ a White or Silver ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tystevens View Post
    He took my dad's GP with his headstrap and just put it on his DH helmet, and although we didn't think it would work at all, it produced surprisingly stable footage.

I haven't gotten great footage from the chesty -- seems bouncier than helmet, although that is probably due to my physique and the fact that I can't stand it to be super tight.

For other than mountain biking (hiking, family outings, etc.), I pretty much just use a pole. I can't remember the brand, but it is the one with an orange grip, telescopes out about 3 ft.

Re: other stuff, I have a GP Black. I bought the lcd touch screen.
    Yeah if you have something in the frame of the camera where it's mounted, it stabilizes the footage big time. Just having that one object that doesn't move in the frame makes the rest of the frame seem stable, although it's really not.

With the Chesty, I've noticed if I added the LCD or any extension arms, it's too much weight for that fulcrum and the camera shakes a bit. So I use no extensions and no bacpac on the camera from the Chesty. I also mount my camera upside down so it can rotate out for a more level view just above the top tube of the bike. You also need the harness pretty snug or else that whole plate will shake up and down.

I love using the pole mount. It also adds great stability to the frame even though the rest of the world is shaking in reality. I just use a hiking pole with the bike seat post mount on the end. There are some better ways to do it, I might just have to buy a chrome pole.

Just for giggles and grins they had a 3d twin camera set up . Did this ever work?

But on a serious note: I am waiting for someone to show us how to get past the bright sun to shadow and back to bright sun again with our go pros with out the delay thing for self adjustment.

Can't help but wonder about filters and such like real cameras use.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnseeker1 View Post
    Just for giggles and grins they had a 3d twin camera set up . Did this ever work?
    Yes, the 3D mount with 2 GoPro cameras will produce footage in 3D. It started to get popular for a bit and everybody thought it was going to be the new thing, YouTube even has a 3D setting. But it's kind of fizzling out. People could watch 3D on YouTube from their computer if they had the right glasses, or play it on their 3D TV, but I think we've seen the peak of interest on that.

Switch 3D on or off in the settings here

I think we file this under the 'It's about time' and 'well that's a no brainer' categories?

Name:  gpts-13_1.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  52.1 KB
    https://shop.gopole.com/products/hi-...humbscrew-pack

I use a selection of mounts for my "other" outdoor sport. This one is a standard handlebar mount, attached to an 8-foot aluminium pole:

And this is the result:

cool angle!