Thread: Eaton Canyon 3B IV (Video)

Eaton Canyon 3B IV (Video)

Went down the jewel of the San Gabriels a few weeks ago......Lots of fun slides/swims and a nice jump even though water was relatively low. The second to last rap (Slide of Faith) is still considered a rap because it is only about 6ft deep with sediment from a fire a few years ago. Otherwise its a 10ft slide into a 30ft plunge into the pool. Temps in the 80's, no wetsuit required although the narrow sections got chilly cause its shaded. Last rap was jam packed with locals who hike up to the falls (and a fair amount of scantily clad ladies). I'm not the best video editor but tried to put together something that shows the meat of the canyon....Best watched in HD here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBpcuxjaZ4I&hd=1! or change the settings in the player to HD,
    Last edited by Canyonater; 06-23-2013 at 03:46 PM. Reason: embed video

2. Likes hattrick, accadacca liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I really need to get back to Eaton. Love that canyon. Mainly due to the bikini clad Fauna at the end.
    Riverside Mountain Rescue Unit
    http://www.rmru.org/

Personal Website
    http://www.DrunkRedDragon.com/adventures.htm

Yeah the view after the last waterfall can be nice if its hot outside.....

Blog Entries
    Nice vid edit! Looks like a fun wet canyon. What's the average time thorough that canyon u think?
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

If its a B canyon like it was when I went, 6-7 hours easy pace including approach and exit. Class C conditions will obviously be longer. Also group size and skill play a factor...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonater View Post
    If its a B canyon like it was when I went, 6-7 hours easy pace including approach and exit. Class C conditions will obviously be longer. Also group size and skill play a factor...
    Thanks
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    Nice vid edit! Looks like a fun wet canyon. What's the average time thorough that canyon u think?
    I think I did it in 8 hours. But I did this canyon in my super newb fat boy days
    Riverside Mountain Rescue Unit
    http://www.rmru.org/

Personal Website
    http://www.DrunkRedDragon.com/adventures.htm

Nice video. That is my favorite LA canyon. I need to get back in there...it has been to long.

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    What's the average time thorough that canyon u think?
    7-8 hours car-to-car is probably the average time, and that is at a leisurely pace.
    FYI/FWIW--Eaton has turned into a trash dump in the last few years, as the section above (and including) the last few falls can be accessed from the bottom. It's getting to the point that there is barely any rocks without grafitti on them around the last 2 raps, trash everywhere, broken glass, loud music, drunk and high kids. In it's current condition, I wouldn't even put it in the top 5 for So-Cal canyons anymore, what a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave Silence View Post
    7-8 hours car-to-car is probably the average time, and that is at a leisurely pace.
    FYI/FWIW--Eaton has turned into a trash dump in the last few years, as the section above (and including) the last few falls can be accessed from the bottom. It's getting to the point that there is barely any rocks without grafitti on them around the last 2 raps, trash everywhere, broken glass, loud music, drunk and high kids. In it's current condition, I wouldn't even put it in the top 5 for So-Cal canyons anymore, what a shame.

Yes it is a shame........

Great vid though !