Thread: Looking for partners for Heaps

Looking for partners for Heaps

I'm hoping to plan a trip to Zion sometime this summer or fall and wanted to see if there was anyone out there looking for partners to do Heaps Canyon. I've never done Heaps before but have done Imlay. It's been on my to do list for too long! I have some hooking equipment and a 300 ft rope. Anyone interested?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

kind of a vague date you put down there. reminds me of when I ask a girl out. "want to do something sometime"?

I'm up for it, I've done it once when it was so full there were zero PH escapes and would like to do it in hard mode at least once. I was thinking of trying it during the Zion Rendezvous, but am open for just about anytime. I just need a little notice to trade shifts and get time off at work. I do have some PH experience with 2 trips through the squeeze and quandry and 1 sneak trip through Imlay. I'm doing the full Imlay in July.

@earwig: oh no, have i become the desperate dater?! you're right, i was awfully vague. my schedule is a bit odd but i can often get time off if i have enough notice. on short notice i could make most wednesdays work, but i know that doesn't work for most people. if i had to pick something specific, the first week in september would be great for me. i'm not sure if i can make it there for the rondy or not. i'll have to check on that. there are weekends from july through november that could work too, but i guess i'm still sounding like "wanna do something sometime?"

I can be there the evening of Friday, August 2nd and stay for a week, maybe more. If you can make it, we'll rip through Heaps and then a whole bunch of others...work it!
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

@TommyBoy: awesome! would be nice to go through it with someone who's done the canyon before. i just found out that it would be possible for me to make it out there for the rondy in september. i could easily do labor day or even the second week of july without taking any time off work. lots of other days available, just have to ask for the time off. with enough notice i could make any day in october or november work. sounds like maybe we have similar ph experience??? i haven't done a whole lot of ph escapes but at least i've done a few canyons that required it.

@Byron: Arghhhhh, i have a week long family reunion starting that weekend

July might be a little tricky for me, I already have two trips planned early in the month. Aug would be better for me, that or the rond.
    Last edited by TommyBoy; 06-25-2013 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Trying to type on phone

10. Likes Spiderzak liked this post
    Where did this go? Anything? For me its looking like the Rondy would be best also.

Had plans to do it fri, but the weather doesn't look like it's going to cooperate so rondy is probably it for me to.