Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 49

Thread: Havasupai

  1. #21
    Awesome pics! That place looks very different from what I remembered. I've been there 4 times so far but I've not been down there for about 12 years.

    Just FYI did you know there are some scrumptious trout below Beaver Falls? It's a heck of a hike for some fish but after 2-3 days of Mountain House food fresh fish is a welcomed treat.

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     

  3. #22
    ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    busting my ass
    Posts
    3,801
    I went through my old emails. It was $250 for the 3 of us for two nights when we showed up to pay they tacked on another $15 per person. I had a difficult time getting Sarah to hike out of Havasupai so we ended up staying the night in Kingman AZ another $70 unexpected charge for me plus extra day of food eating out. That is where my figure of $400 came from. I just remember it being a lot of fun once we were there but getting there and getting home ranks about #2 of my worst trips ever. Thankfully that list is short only 3. But again LOVED being there. Want to go back without kids.
    Chere'




  4. #23
    Yeah it's a helluva drive to get there, and sleeping at the boring trailhead is common to hike down in the morning. but once you hit the village it's great.

  5. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Bone View Post
    Awesome pics! That place looks very different from what I remembered. I've been there 4 times so far but I've not been down there for about 12 years.

    Just FYI did you know there are some scrumptious trout below Beaver Falls? It's a heck of a hike for some fish but after 2-3 days of Mountain House food fresh fish is a welcomed treat.
    A series of floods in recent years, the biggest in 2008, have changed the place considerably. It's just a dynamic place. You can look around the canyon and see evidence of ancient waterfalls and travertine deposits hundreds of feet from any water. It'll never be the same twice. That place recovers and naturally builds new and exciting features in just a few years after a major flood event. I've seen pictures taken at different times over the last century and not a one of them looks the same. It's really neat that way.

  6. #25
    Love, love, love that place! Thanks for the pics. The water color, rocks, tunnels, etc. make it truly feel surreal -- it makes me feel like I am exploring a real life Casa Bonita (you know, that big restaurant in Denver) as a kid, but it is 10 times better. I haven't been since the 2008 flooding, so great to see it is intact. It is a must visit if you live in the Southwest and like to hike.

    Yeah, it is expensive, it is an awful drive to get there, the camping is hot and crowded. But it is still #1 on my list of places to take my kids when they are old enough to make the trek down and up and actually remember it ... should be only a few more years!

    Also, take care with what you leave in the parking lot. My dad's motorhome was actually stolen from the parking lot while we were down in the canyon. Despite the fact you get a hang tag with your dates and such, and there is "security" there, they didn't seem to notice anything funny about a 40' motorhome leaving before the leave date, apparently. Being it is on BIA land, it was a tough time getting anything done about it -- the law enforcement "lost" the report about 4 times, and nothing happened until the FBI got involved for reasons I still don't understand.

    But almost the worst part was the fact that there was 10 of us on the hike, we "knew" we had a motorhome full of water and food at the top, so we jettisoned all our water and gave away our snacks at the beginning of the stiff climb up the canyon wall, and got to the top in 95* only to find out there was no motorhome, no snacks, and particularly no water! It was a long hitchhike to Kingman to rent a couple cars to come back and get the rest of the group, who were about dead when we got back 4 hrs later after baking in the sun! Good times ...

  7. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Tystevens View Post
    Also, take care with what you leave in the parking lot. My dad's motorhome was actually stolen from the parking lot while we were down in the canyon. Despite the fact you get a hang tag with your dates and such, and there is "security" there, they didn't seem to notice anything funny about a 40' motorhome leaving before the leave date, apparently. Being it is on BIA land, it was a tough time getting anything done about it -- the law enforcement "lost" the report about 4 times, and nothing happened until the FBI got involved for reasons I still don't understand.

    But almost the worst part was the fact that there was 10 of us on the hike, we "knew" we had a motorhome full of water and food at the top, so we jettisoned all our water and gave away our snacks at the beginning of the stiff climb up the canyon wall, and got to the top in 95* only to find out there was no motorhome, no snacks, and particularly no water! It was a long hitchhike to Kingman to rent a couple cars to come back and get the rest of the group, who were about dead when we got back 4 hrs later after baking in the sun! Good times ...

    Yikes!

  8. #27
    Sadly, that res has a serious meth problem. Probably needed someplace to cook a la Breaking Bad.

  9. #28
    Dang, and they told me they were fresh out when I asked!

  10. #29
    I really liked New Navajo Falls the best. Made that jump from the top, pretty cool place-came back all peaceful which lasted for about two weeks and then the grind of the city got to me. The real trippy part of the whole trip turned out to be what I call the highway of death which was the 60 mile drive back to town-driving back at night we hit or killed just about everything except the cow's thank God and spotted a massive Elk, crazy. Can't wait to go back.

  11. #30
    Yeah I like the new falls as well, it seems they're more accessible and visible than the old location.

  12. #31
    BUMP:

    Heading to Havasupai again this June with some guys in the neighborhood. Gonna keep this thread handy for some info.

  13. #32
    Beech, I plugged your quote (above) into Google Translator and got:

    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Heading to Havasupai again this June with some guys in the neighborhood. I feel compelled to take a second a brag... If you clowns are at work those days, I must admit, it will feel even better!! I am going to leave my trip report on Bogley's home page FOREVER, because Havasupai is just that awesome!
    How strange is that?


    Jealous you are going again? Yes... yes I am.

  14. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post
  15. #33
    Amazing!! Dogs allowed?



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

  16. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by nicole.deroeck View Post
    Amazing!! Dogs allowed?



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You know what, I'm not sure about the dogs. There are a lot of native dogs down there non leashed, so it's probably a conflict waiting to happen. A lot of them are wild, flea infested dogs too.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

  17. #35
    Went down there with some friends a few years ago and they brought a dog. I don't recommend it though, they were limited on some of the places that they could take the pooch. They weren't even able to go to the bottom of Mooney falls, let alone some of the cooler ones below that.

    -Luke

  18. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Slot Machine View Post
    Beech, I plugged your quote (above) into Google Translator and got:



    How strange is that?



    Jealous you are going again? Yes... yes I am.
    he he, yep, fourth time!

  19. Likes Slot Machine liked this post
  20. #37
    OK, gotta make a quick easy post to link to for those who are asking about the facilities and such down there, for my friends planning to head down this year. There is drinking water available, toilets, a couple of little shops/convenience stores, and even a little restaurant.

    Church services on Sundays, and picnic tables in nearly every camping spot.



    Name:  2013-06-14_11-47-50_HDR.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  70.8 KB

    Name:  2013-06-15_14-42-13_HDR.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  73.1 KB

    Name:  2013-06-16_06-28-46_HDR.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  54.4 KB

    Name:  IMG_20130613_083451_362.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  55.6 KB

    Name:  IMG_20130615_143713_963.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  49.2 KB

    Name:  2013-06-15_13-29-51_HDR.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  75.2 KB

    Name:  2013-06-14_12-30-43_HDR.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  92.1 KB

    Name:  2013-06-15_09-47-12_HDR.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  63.6 KB

  21. #38
    Everyone should go once in their lifetime.
    Great fun and if you go in july plan on a full moon to hike out.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

  22. #39
    Technical Search&Rescue lucach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    58
    Sombeech, these are great pictures. Did you try to access the Green Room? (I saw you were in the Blue Room).
    If anyone is planning to go, I recommend to take a look at the beta on secret spots of this fantastic place that is posted here:
    http://ropewiki.com/index.php/Havasu_Canyon
    Anyone welcome to add to it if you have more info on secret spots in the area.
    RopeWiki is an open site, anyone can contribute to anyone's else beta, add links etc.

  23. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by lucach View Post
    Sombeech, these are great pictures. Did you try to access the Green Room? (I saw you were in the Blue Room).
    If anyone is planning to go, I recommend to take a look at the beta on secret spots of this fantastic place that is posted here:
    http://ropewiki.com/index.php/Havasu_Canyon
    Anyone welcome to add to it if you have more info on secret spots in the area.
    RopeWiki is an open site, anyone can contribute to anyone's else beta, add links etc.
    Interesting, I've only known about the 1 cavern until now. I'm not sure I'd have the nerve to access the Green Room. I was even a little nervous in the Blue Room with the short swim under water, I backed out the first time because I didn't know how far it was.

    We're heading back in about a month, maybe I'll bring some goggles.

Similar Threads

  1. [Trip Report] Havasupai (Before the flood of '08)
    By Kuya in forum Backpacking & Camping
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-05-2013, 11:35 AM
  2. [Trip Report] Havasupai 2010 & 2008
    By Kuya in forum Canyoneering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-31-2012, 09:04 AM
  3. Canyoneering near or around Havasupai?
    By mzamp in forum Canyoneering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-05-2012, 07:48 AM
  4. [Trip Report] Havasupai Backpacking Trip
    By jbdavies in forum Backpacking & Camping
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-09-2011, 06:54 PM
  5. Havasupai, AZ on the cheap
    By spangenberg in forum Backpacking & Camping
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-07-2011, 01:54 AM

Visitors found this page by searching for:

havasu falls map

havasupai falls campsite map

havasupai trip report

havasupai falls map

HUALAPAI HILLTOP TRAILHEAD

havasu falls trail map

havasu falls

havasupai crowds

havasu creek arizona map

havasu falls on map

http:www.bogley.comforumshowthread.php69028-Havasupai

printable trail map havasu falls

havasupai on map

Havasupai Falls in map

mooney falls map

map of havasu falls

havasupai falls

map to havasu falls

havasupai bogley

Bogley havasupai

hualapai hilltop

hualapai hilltop map

hualapai map

printable havasupai trail map

havasupai trail permits

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •