Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Havasupai

This topic has resurfaced for me and I wanted to post a link to my latest trip to Havasupai here: http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...Havasupai-2014

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Wow! This is amazing. It appears that you have the place almost to your self?! Some folks have told us it's too crowded along with some other negatives. I'm definitley adding this hike back to my bucket list! Awesome photos / videos.

Quote Originally Posted by RelentlessHiker View Post
    Wow! This is amazing. It appears that you have the place almost to your self?! Some folks have told us it's too crowded along with some other negatives. I'm definitley adding this hike back to my bucket list! Awesome photos / videos.
    It's definitely crowded --- packed in the summer to the point it can be difficult finding a camp spot. I believe it was this trip that we saw people pitching a tent right on the trail where it forked, so the 3 trails merging together made a 5 foot flat spot for the tent. Somewhat annoying, as you don't want to feel like you're walking through somebody's privacy every time you're walking down to the river.

But, I just chose my photo opportunities wisely.

Now on this trip, it was still crowded too, but maybe not quite as much as the previous year:

http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...Havasupai-2014

For example, James and I waited about 45 minutes just to get this shot without people in it. It was getting a little annoying with everybody wanting to get their "yoga pose" in front of the falls. A lot of great people watching though

Hmmm .... I don't know then. It is very beautiful but I typically hit the trail for some solitude. I may have to bump this one back down towards the bottom. I had the same issue at Calf Creek falls. I never did get a photo without a "body" in it!

Bring ear plugs if you're a light sleeper. during the summer, everyone is hiking out in the middle of the night. I hear Sunday through Wednesday is a great time to go as the crowds are lighter.

James

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Man I love that place. Have not been in since 88. I'd do it again but with my knees I think it best to take the heli in and hike out :-).
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

What is ballpark cost to camp, cabin. For 3 or for days

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

THere is a hiking permit and a camping permit if memory serves mel. I just asked around the upper parking trail head area for those that were a no show and hiked down under their names and paid for camping once down. It's really cool cause the Cheif or top Elder is in the Ice Cream store and gives out the camping permits. This may have changed since 88.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

If I remember correctly, there is an entrance fee, a camping fee per night, and.... I forget what the other fee is. I'd say you're looking to spend @150 for 3 nights there, plus gas, and plus any fees if you want the mules to carry your pack in and out.