Thread: Orderville Canyon - June 8, 2013

Orderville Canyon - June 8, 2013

Orderville- June 8, 2013

It has been awhile since I was in Orderville. Somehow with all the canyon trips we never managed a top down trip thru Orderville. I
    Attached Images Attached Images                              
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

im taking a bunch of newbie scouts donw ordervile in august. The virgin looks really low this year i hope there are a couple of storms before we go to get some more water up there. Looks great nice TR. my boys are a little small to be doing canyons just yet but i can't wait to get them out.
    IT ALWAYS LOOKS HIGHER FROM THE TOP!!!!

Love seeing dad's out with their families! I hope to be the same way when I am a dad. :)
    CanyoneeringUtah.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey

Awesome. Looks like a great trip!

Now that's how ya do it! She definitely looks like she's having fun...perhaps you should increase your canyon visits now that you have a willing partner? Especially one that is ready to go anytime and more than willing to let you call the shots! Now there's some incentive for more days off, eh? I think she'd love Pine Creek!
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

If the kids are willing to go, then take them. Eric brought his 7 year old daughter on Portal Canyon with us and it has a 2500' approach climb with around 16 raps up to 200'.

Canyoneering with your kids is the best!

4 or 5 years ago I was really getting burned out on canyoneering. All the canyons began to look the same and feel the same to me. The sport was no longer fun and exciting..... one canyon just blurred into the next.

And then my kids became interested in canyoneering and everything became new and exciting again. Watching the joy my kids were experiencing and the self confidence they were gaining completely recharged my interest.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

9. Likes Sandstone Addiction, 2065toyota liked this post
    Thanks for sharing. We went down Englestead and up Orderville on this same day, boy was it hot, 104 I believe. The scouts that completed Birch got stuck on the road out due to being in a low clearance minivan. Man did they look wasted! We offered food and water and transportaion to cell service but they declined.

Right now, that road down to the upper trailhead parking (in Orderville) is for only high clearance vehicles and 4x4. I used 4H on the way out in my Taco, my buddy used 4H in his new 4Runner.

[QUOTE=WorkBad;537258]Thanks for sharing. We went down Englestead and up Orderville on this same day, boy was it hot, 104 I believe.

You must have been the group right behind us in Englestead then?
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey

We camped at the TH with that scout troop. I was pretty surprised when they took that sienna minivan down there. Even we left my 4runner at the top. Ive been down that road before and id rather just hike it. Not worth the hassle at the end of the day to drive back down there and out. Plus if youve ever had to drive out of there after a rain storm you'll never park down there again. The road actually looked pretty good except for that 5" of powder silt!
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

13. Likes WorkBad liked this post
    [QUOTE=Kuya;537260]
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkBad View Post
    Thanks for sharing. We went down Englestead and up Orderville on this same day, boy was it hot, 104 I believe.

You must have been the group right behind us in Englestead then?
    Maybe... There were two other guys that were supposed to go down the same day. I met them at the Backcountry Desk a few days prior. Did you hear our rope come down. I yelled rope twice really loud, if you head me say rope twice then yea probably us...

Yup! I heard someone yell "ROPE!!!" a couple of times. I thought for sure you would catch us and pass us up.
    My YouTube Channel

Sweet! Does that mean we've met now?

Catch up with you... Na, we had 4 people and took that first rap really slow. I also rebuilt the third rap, the one with the webbing around the huge log which took a little time. I pulled the mess of multiple strands and made a dead man above the huge pothole before the fluted 80ft drop. Did someone in your group drop a bag of pills and a lifesaver? The bag had advil, and some vitamin looking thingys (tasted great... Just kidding) I'm just curious that's all...

haha! I had a bag of tums with few advil in it. hmmmmmm, maybe it was me? If it was, thanks for picking it up, I apologize for being a litter bug!
    My YouTube Channel

18. Likes WorkBad liked this post