Thread: Entrajo Canyon

Entrajo Canyon

Steph and I took a quick lap through Entrajo on June 9th, 2013. It was the easiest canyon we have ever done. Fun, pretty... but very short.

Hopefully someone getting into the sport will find this report useful. Entrajo is a good place to be introduced to the sport of canyoneering. It is a very short route (took us an hour), but a great place for a newbie to learn. There is one short mandatory rappel, a large optional rappel, a couple of downclimbs and a long cold swim (the swim probably changes frequently).

We ran into a few guided groups along the way. All the guides we met were very friendly and were using natural anchors. The guides bolting the hell out of Yankee Doodle could take a page out of their playbook.

One guide placed two cams high in a crack to belay his clients while on rappel. VERY NICE!

Anyway, just a couple of photos to share:

Guides with clients heading into the slot.
    Name:  IMG_6109.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  136.1 KB

Steph on the only mandatory rappel.
    Name:  IMG_6114.jpg
Views: 746
Size:  107.9 KB

Downclimbing into the pool.
    Name:  IMG_6116.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  116.4 KB

Preparing to swim.
    Name:  IMG_6118.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  73.8 KB

Bob
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

2. Likes Mountaineer, Sandstone Addiction liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Slot Machine View Post
    All the guides we met were very friendly and were using natural anchors. The guides bolting the hell out of Yankee Doodle could take a page out of their playbook.
    Some guides are skilled, talented and professional. While other guides just hammer in more bolts.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

That is a very fun little canyon. Nice place to cool off on a hot day I'm sure.

Did you do the final rap?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandstone Addiction View Post
    Did you do the final rap?
    No, there was a line of about 10 people waiting to rappel there. We could have been obnoxious and rapped from the other side of the drop, but decided not to interfere with guided group that was obviously having a very good time. We simply walked down.

No biggie, I'm sure we'll take our son there one of these days and complete the rappel then.
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

I'm sure you will end up doing Entrajo many times. Whenever we have 2 hours to kill in Moab it seems we end up doing Entrajo or U-Turn, depending on the time of year. We often do it Friday night after driving down for the weekend. Also I've never met any guided groups late in the day.