Thread: Need recommendations for Day Pack and Filtration Device

Need recommendations for Day Pack and Filtration Device

I'm headed to Glacier N.P. in august and am in need of a new pack in the 30 liter range primarily for long day hikes 12+ miles. I figured 30 Liters would be sufficient to carry enough gear in case we had to overnight. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

I am also looking for a water filtration system that I can carry as well. I don't have a lot of experience with these but I would like to be able to connect it to a hydration bladder if possible, be fairly easy to pump, and not take forever to fill a 100 ounce bladder. Not sure if all this is possible but any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    -------
    Jeff

"Be who you are, say what you feel.
    Because those that mind don't matter and,
    those that matter don't mind"

~Dr. Suess~

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

a few years ago wife and I bought a Gregory G each; M for her, L for me (longer torso in the L size. VERY successful. Used them for day hikes and two-night backpack camping. Super light and comfy up to their rated load.

Thanks, I was looking at a Gregory Z30, The G model doesn't seem to be available so maybe it was replaced with a newer model? Going to stop at my local store tomorrow after work to see what they have.
    -------
    Jeff

~Dr. Suess~

REI Traverse is a nice design in the 30 liter size. I've got the larger Lookout in the 40 liter and like it a lot as well.

Geiggerig is probably the slickest filtration bladder system out there. Fill the bladder from your source. Connect the filter to the drink tube. Pressurize the system and drink at your leisure.

I was actually going to stop at REI on my way home today, Thanks for the recommendation.

Anyone have any experience with the MSR Sweetwater?
    -------
    Jeff

~Dr. Suess~

Did you make a selection? Anything you're liking/disliking?

I stopped at REI yesterday and looked at the traverse, the Osprey 30 liter (I think it was the Manta), and the Gregory Z40 (they didn't have the Z30 in stock. I hated the shoulder straps for the Osprey and the tiny waist strap didn't impress me. The traverse was nice but as soon as I put that Gregory on if just felt great. Perfect fit in the large for my torso and it sat well in all the right places.

I almost ordered the Z30 online and had it shipped to my store but I'm waiting for an REI gearmail coupon to see if I can get a discount.
    -------
    Jeff

~Dr. Suess~

Gregory makes a good pack, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by phatch View Post

Geiggerig is probably the slickest filtration bladder system out there. Fill the bladder from your source. Connect the filter to the drink tube. Pressurize the system and drink at your leisure.
    They do look pretty nice, be sure to click the link in the sidebar for the giveaway and check out thread product info.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I like my Geigerrig hydration engine. Just picked another one up for my daughter whose old traditional bladder started leaking.