Thread: Scofield Res

Scofield Res

Saturday at the dam was a very productive day.

Castmasters, Jakes, and Blue Foxes kept a steady flow of Cuts and Tigers to the shore with the best fish of the day going over 24" and too big for my 8 year old to land and keep landed. Poor kid chased the pig into the water for 20 seconds as it flopped out of his hands and scooted closer to shore with ever powerful flop, then splashed around in shallows as my boy tried and failed to keep it. Biggest cut my eyes had ever seen. Was sad as he sat down in the cold water and cried and looked at the lake and mumbled something through the tears about a whale!!!! 8# test didnt have a chance to hold apparently on one of the flops and head jerks.

Broke my heart, but my boys were back at it looking for the "Whale" which was spotted by my wife later that day as it surface about 10' out and it still clearly had the silver castmaster in its mouth. So if you find our friend, take a picture, and send me the lure... :)

Fridge is packed with 12"-14" tiger and cuts, some very fat and waiting for the grill to heat up.

No pictures of the keep, but be sure had the boy kept the whale for just a few seconds longer, we would have the best fishing picture for the week!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

PS, in talking to a friend today, he mentioned his best days at Scofield have always been in the wind. Saturday was plenty windy. He had no idea why, but that our results did not surprise him for a windy day. Some day, I will get this fishing thing figured out!

Cool trip! Kastmasters are money out there.
    Lost On A Hill

Utah Water Log