Thread: Wanted: Savants

Wanted: Savants

Does anyone have any size 11 or 11.5 Five Ten Savants they'd be willing to sell? Used is fine as long as they have perhaps 50% life left.

Alternately, does anyone have suggestions for similar shoes? I've tried the Insights and Camp 4's and I don't like either of them quite as well. I'm a huge fan of ultrasticky so the Tennies (with different soles) don't seem so good. Canyoneers/SARs are great for serious canyons, but heavier/bulkier than I want a lot of times.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by bjp View Post
    Does anyone have any size 11 or 11.5 Five Ten Savants they'd be willing to sell? Used is fine as long as they have perhaps 50% life left.

Alternately, does anyone have suggestions for similar shoes? I've tried the Insights and Camp 4's and I don't like either of them quite as well. I'm a huge fan of ultrasticky so the Tennies (with different soles) don't seem so good. Canyoneers/SARs are great for serious canyons, but heavier/bulkier than I want a lot of times.
    I've heard good things about the Vasque Scree (w/stealth rubber)

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/vas...colorFamily=01

STP no have in your requested size, though.

Everyone I know who owns Savants has been disgusted by their low-quality construction: rapid sole delam and upper disintegration. I suppose a large tube of AquaSeal might hold them together long enough to make 'em worth the cost?

p.s. loads of women's sizes on STP:

Men with lower-volume feet might take note...

Quote Originally Posted by hank moon View Post
    I've heard good things about the Vasque Scree (w/stealth rubber)
    Looks like a good boot, but probably heavier and with a lot less drainage than I was hoping for.

Quote Originally Posted by hank moon View Post
    Everyone I know who owns Savants has been disgusted by their low-quality construction: rapid sole delam and upper disintegration. I suppose a large tube of AquaSeal might hold them together long enough to make 'em worth the cost?

I pre-treat all my canyoneering shoes with a generous amount of Aquaseal, so maybe that's the difference. My Savants are falling apart, but all my canyoneering shoes fall apart. If anyone hasn't totally destroyed their 11/11.5 Savants, I'd be happy to take that low-quality construction off your hands :)

Quote Originally Posted by bjp View Post
    I pre-treat all my canyoneering shoes with a generous amount of Aquaseal, so maybe that's the difference. My Savants are falling apart, but all my canyoneering shoes fall apart. If anyone hasn't totally destroyed their 11/11.5 Savants, I'd be happy to take that low-quality construction off your hands :)
    I also treat w/Aquaseal, and make a distinction between "fall apart" and "wear out". All my shoes eventually wear out, but they do not fall apart. The Savant has a rep for falling apart before wearing out. Good to know Aquaseal can help mitigate that :)

I am also totally bummed by the lack of availability of the Savants. I have been through several pair. Never has a sole delaminate-that seems to be the strongest part. The mesh part of the uppers a total different story-shredded in the canyons. I tried on Canyoneers but just could not do it. I think we need to petition Adidas to reissue the Savants.

I agree the Vasque Scree looks like too much shoe.

Ken