Thread: Looking for Partners For Zion, June 23-29

Looking for Partners For Zion, June 23-29

[Edited to be more specific about my experience/non-experience]
    I'm going to be in Zion June 23-29 and am looking to do some technical canyoneering. I've been doing vertical work in caves for about 4 years now and from what I've read the gear and techniques are very similar. I'd like to find some canyoneers who know the area to partner up with (especially since route finding is not my strongest skill). Up to 3B will certainly be fine for me, I'm comfortable on rope and in pretty good shape. I've done long rappels/climbs (up to 586') including awkward ones and in water, but don't have experience rappelling into water too deep to stand or know anything about pothole escapes. I think this means I could manage some 4 or some C category canyons but obviously on a case-by-case basis. While I have plenty of experience on rope I have very little experience rigging and no experience with pull-down trips. I don't think I would slow a trip down I couldn't be lead on one. I have my own gear (I use a frog-type ascending system with an extra safety ascender and either mini or standard rappel racks) and could bring 100', 200', 300', or 400' 11mm static ropes if needed. I'll also have a car while I'm there so if you have one as well we can self-shuttle. I have a permit reserved for Spry for 2 on June 23th, though I'm happy to let it go if someone has room on a trip to for a different canyon that day.
    Let me know if you'd like to join or could put me in touch with someone!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I'm potentially interested. Will send you a PM.

Tim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi Melanie,

We may be interested. PM if you'd like to discuss further.

Katherine

Interested, in the area, gear and truck, off on 23rd, 27th and 28th. PM if want to discuss further.

I will also be in Zion the same time as you. After Wednesday my group will be heading home and I'll be all alone. I can do canyons with you June 27-29 if you're interested. Currently I do not have any permits for later in the week. Willing to do whatever. Just don't bring the 11mm ropes. Those sound heavy. If you don't have a canyoneering rope, I can acquire an extra 200'. PM if you're interested.