Thread: SLC, Vancouver, Cascades NP, Etc

SLC, Vancouver, Cascades NP, Etc

First big ride of the year...leaving tomorrow afternoon.

Viewing on a mobile device? Click this link to open the map: https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Lehi,+UT,+USA&daddr=Holiday+Inn+Express+Hotel+%26+Suites+Langley,+8750+204+St,+Langley,+BC+V1M+2Y5,+Canada+to:204+Street,+Langley,+BC,+Canada+to:264+British+Columbia+13,+Langley,+BC,+Canada+to:Nooksack,+WA+to:Sedro-Woolley,+WA+to:Winthrop,+WA+to:Waterville,+WA+to:Finch+Arboretum+Information,+West+Woodland+Boulevard,+Spokane,+WA+to:Missoula,+MT+to:Salmon,+ID+to:South+Jordan,+UT&hl=en&ll=45.073521,-117.773437&spn=9.899895,23.269043&sll=44.197959,-114.054565&sspn=2.512589,5.817261&geocode=FcFTaAId8kpV-SlpGxrY7X9NhzHJYQ1ggaxv_Q%3BFRAn7gId42ew-CFxqRcTqTavnClPlNknf9GFVDFxqRcTqTavnA%3BFUZH7QIdjmmw-Cl1k1S8zs-FVDFbH5qR2K5OeQ%3BFcDN6wIdlvay-Ckb9zVZlcmFVDGlG4B4bZDB0Q%3BFYKT6gIddYW1-CnrF58xgrGFVDFezSnT3FeULg%3BFVIc5AIdMtO2-CkL577dlwiFVDHBgxYimDvDRw%3BFeO24wIdrBrW-Cmrarkjpq-cVDGNUsNiM5pEKA%3BFWQJ1wId9dvX-Clfo5MLApObVDHLnkt2N8NpIA%3BFTn-1gIdV6v_-CF9ImP-N_UX9imdi_39GxieVDF9ImP-N_UX9g%3BFecIywIdUzM0-SnLZ_NQKsxdUzEugJTKdxLj6Q%3BFctTsQIdIxY2-SlfucbBCi9YUzGHxjKRRXHh8A%3BFfrtagIdxhZU-SmTyauNiYVShzFVs8nejwBm9Q&oq=south&mra=ls&t=m&z=6

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Dang I just knew that paper clip hanging out was for cruise control?

Have fun let us know be safe bro.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

You do know I own a big as sewing machine right? Can make special gloves for such a ride.
    Complete with paper clip warmers.:)
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.

May your pillow be thick and your eyeball thicker.
    Get back in one piece we have some high country rides to do.

We left at 2:30 pm today and rode up to Ontario, OR. Here is my glove setup. I bought some black duct tape too and used it to cover the slits I cut in the gloves. Works like a dream! The vibration (when riding) on the pins is a bit painful at times...

Made it to Vancouver a few hours ago.

Go baby go

We are headed for the Cascades later today after some business. There is a bridge out on the I-5 and the delay was more then what we want to deal with again.

If you had a Go Pro you could set it up to take picts every now and then hands/and paper clip free
    Is your dad with you on this one?

We are staying in a really cool old little cowboy town called Winthrop, WA. I gotta get some photos of all the old building here, some from the early 1900's. The Cascades were INCREDIBLE.

13. Likes cchoc liked this post
    Awesome bro. I'm not real big on the tar matt stuff but I am re-thinking it now.

All pavement? This is the kind of thing I want to do with the Vstrom when I get it.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc View Post
    All pavement? This is the kind of thing I want to do with the Vstrom when I get it.
    Yep. You need to come ride with us bro. Epic rides...

After the Cascades we stayed in Winthrop, WA on Saturday night. It is an awesome place and I need to spend more time there. Lotta old buildings from the early 1900's still standing and a rich history in mining. We blitzed it across Washington and over to Missoula, MT on Sunday to ride an epic stretch through Salmon and Challis Idaho.

Trip Stats:
    • 2,133 mi
    • Vancouver, BC
    • Oregon
    • Washington
    • Montana
    • Idaho
    • Utah

What a great ride.

Eat. Poop. Ride/Hike/Ski. maChete's Avatar
    Great photos. Thanks for sharing.
    Roger That....Over!

Real nice trip report.