Thread: Day hikes or backpacking: Either SW or SE Utah June 5/31 to 6/2

Day hikes or backpacking: Either SW or SE Utah June 5/31 to 6/2

Who wants to go hiking with a fun-lovin' flatlander!? I'm open to hiking around Zion, the Swell, Escalante or anywhere in Canyonlands this coming weekend. Not interested in anything very technical, I just want to get out and explore. If you want to do some canyoneering, I have a basic level ability (I've done Subway and Knotted Rope) and have my own harness and helmet, but nothing else. I'd like to do the Narrows at some point this year but I'm totally open to go wherever.

Here's the catch: I live in Florida and have a companion fare pass. I can fly anywhere I want, but I have to fly standby. I'm looking for someone who's somewhat flexible on my arrival time in case I get bumped. I can either rent a car to meet you or you can pick me up if you're near a major airport (SLC, Vegas or Grand Junction). Will split gas money if that's the case.

If you don't like to laugh and aren't up for chugging a beer (or margarita) after a long hike, we're not going to get along. Photo below is from a backpacking trip a couple years ago. This is what you're in for, minus the snow ;)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Keep pulling up stakes. Friend me on facebook.

"Since the ultimate goal of transport technology is the annihilation of space, the compression of all Being into one pure point, it follows that six-packs help." Edward Abbey, Monkey Wrench Gang

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement