Thread: Health Care

Health Care

Just received my companies health care renewal. The premium is going up 14% and our coverage is less....

Thanks Obamacare.

My employees enjoy a nice health plan.... but I can't keep this up. My monthly premium averages out to $1600.00 per month per employ.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I feel your pain. I left my company plan and went on my own much to the displeasure of my partners.
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    I feel your pain. I left my company plan and went on my own much to the displeasure of my partners.

HA! Good job Scott. I did the exact same thing. Every month I was paying health insurance premiums yet every time we had a medical expense we would have to pay the full amount until the $3000 deductible was met. After a few months of this my wife and I decided it might be prudent to drop our insurance and just "insure ourselves."

Never regretted it.

Now instead of paying the insurance companies premiums every month, we opened a savings account and pay ourselves every month.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I'm self employed and super healthy. I've carried health insurance with a high deductible (10K) to cover me for catastrophe, such as internal organs going haywire, cancer or a bad accident that leaves me completely racked up.

It used to be cheap, a little more than a hundred bucks a month. In the last three years it has tripled...of friend of mine that works in the industry told me not to be surprised it the cost shoots up to $500 a month. There is also the possibility that the coverage I have may not meet the Obamacare "minimum standards"...in other words, I may have to Cadillac up, even though I don't want or need it.

I was told by another agent to shop around once the exchanges are set up, although it's people like me that are going to be forced to pay in for all the deadbeats anyway...Oh well, I suppose to come in here in a year and tell of what's going on. Nothing is free, folks..."From each according to his ability to each according to his needs". Or how about this one, "A man will not work as hard chopping wood for another man's wife as he will his own"...that's from the "mayor" of the first community set up on this continent a couple hundred years ago. They figured out real quick that the communism thing didn't work to well.

It's one thing to give to your friends, it's another to have strangers bleed you dry with some intermediary between you and them managing the cash. Kinda like a bumper sticker I've seen "Focus on your own damn family".
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Now instead of paying the insurance companies premiums every month, we opened a savings account and pay ourselves every month.
    If I'm not mistaken.... Under Obamacare this will become illegal. Part of the deal is you have to carry insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    If I'm not mistaken.... Under Obamacare this will become illegal. Part of the deal is you have to carry insurance.
    This is true. In order to fund a HSA (Health Savings Account) which is tax deferred, it must be accompanied with a high deductible plan. You can stash a little more than $3K a year in it...there are rumors that under Obamacare, this will go away. These are rumors, of course, just like a lot of stuff having to do with legislation that stacked together is the thickness of 30 large phone books.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Part of the deal is you have to carry insurance.

Not till Jan 1, 2014...until then enroll in the cheapest option in October 2013

http://www.healthcare.gov/marketplace/index.html
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.