Thread: Slideanide & Constrichnine

Slideanide & Constrichnine

Rocketed through Constrichnine and Slideanide on Wednesday afternoon (5/22). Just thought I'd post a note about conditions since many people were commenting about how canyons in this area might be full of water due to recent rain. BOTH CANYONS ARE EXTREMELY DRY!! Just one small knee deep pool at the end of Constrichnine and two small knee deep pools at the end of Slideanide. All webbing in good repair, seemingly new at many rap stations.

In Constrichnine --- where the incident with Bruce occurred, the final rap into the dark chamber (last rap) is from a chokestone overhead. My bro-in-law commented that the last time he did that rap (over a year ago) it was from a piton in the wall just around the corner to the left. There was no piton present when we went through on Wednesday.

I lost a very nice pocketknife at the 2nd rappel in Constrichnine -- right at the bottom of the rappel. It would be really cool if someone found it and returned it.

Aside from that it was very windy, which kept the gnats at bay for most of the time.

I would also add that Slideanide is quite a physically demanding canyon. If you're going off of Kelsey beta be warned...it's not as easy as he claims.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

As a side note...I was just perusing Shane's initial descriptor of Slideanide on Climb-Utah, and I think he stated it best:

"Slideanide is a remarkable canyon with an abundant amount of downclimbing. I strongly suggest wearing a long sleeve shirt and long pants for this slot unless you enjoy raspberries. This canyon is a clothing eater; it is a good idea to leave the latest canyon fashions at home and wear something you expect to thrash."

I started out Slideanide with a fresh pair of blue-rubber-coated handy-man gloves, and only shorts. At the end of the canyon my gloves were totaled (silver-dollar sized holes), and my knees were raw. Canyoneering lessons learned the hard way...
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    As a side note...I was just perusing Shane's initial descriptor of Slideanide on Climb-Utah, and I think he stated it best:

"Slideanide is a remarkable canyon with an abundant amount of downclimbing. I strongly suggest wearing a long sleeve shirt and long pants for this slot unless you enjoy raspberries. This canyon is a clothing eater; it is a good idea to leave the latest canyon fashions at home and wear something you expect to thrash."

I started out Slideanide with a fresh pair of blue-rubber-coated handy-man gloves, and only shorts. At the end of the canyon my gloves were totaled (silver-dollar sized holes), and my knees were raw. Canyoneering lessons learned the hard way...
    you forgot the roll of gorilla tape, that will help!

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum