Thread: Hardware Ranch

Hardware Ranch

Any recommendations for mt. bike rides around hardware ranch area? Camping at Hyrum State Park (work obligation) and looking for some recreational opportunities in the area, Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Not much for single track in that area that I'm aware of. Richards Hollow up the Left Hand Fork Blacksmith may be doable. There is also a little over by the Elk Valley Guard Station.
    Lots of dirt roads to ride but you will have to share with Vehicles, both Trucks and ATV. Left Hand Fork is pretty and right along side a river. Another might be the Mahoganies up on the raod to Bear Lake.

Good Luck!

Thanks, this gives me a good place to start playing.

How far away from Logan Canyon? @neilether could give you some good trail info. In fact check out the map --->

Quote Originally Posted by dhaler View Post
    Any recommendations for mt. bike rides around hardware ranch area? Camping at Hyrum State Park (work obligation) and looking for some recreational opportunities in the area, Thanks
    I take it you are camping at the reservoir? Richard's Hollow is probably the closest, but it may not be wholly rideable yet. It is a phenomenal ride, but is in a dark, narrow canyon that doesn't see a lot of sun. My guess is that it will be snowy/muddy still.

Details here: http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails/bunchgrass.htm

There is a great, but relatively short trail in Providence Canyon. We have ridden that multiple times this year and it is in great shape right now: http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails/providence.htm This one is an out & back so it may be more feasible for you. The trailhead is only ~15 minutes from the Hyrum reservoir. There is some great stuff in the lower half of Logan Canyon that is rideable and Green Canyon is excellent right now (and the easiest technically and aerobically) of anything mentioned here. How far are you willing to drive and what kind of ride are you looking for?

Thanks for some further recommendations. We want to stay relatively close to the state park to hang with those that folks that are less adventuresome. Checked out the link to Providence Canyon & Green Canyon. 2 great recommendations that will fill up out weekend.
    Thanks again, Debby

Quote Originally Posted by dhaler View Post
    Thanks for some further recommendations. We want to stay relatively close to the state park to hang with those that folks that are less adventuresome. Checked out the link to Providence Canyon & Green Canyon. 2 great recommendations that will fill up out weekend.
    Thanks again, Debby
    This is probably too late, but this is the best visual map I've seen of the Logan area trails.

Then go to www.utahmountainbiking.com to read about them.