Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Canyon Wish List

Canyon Wish List

Here's mine (only including ones that I already haven't completed):

http://www.summitpost.org/scott-s-wi...canyons/823847

What's yours?

It would be interesting to see who has mutual interest in various canyons.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

2. Likes DiscGo liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

To keep my answer short I'll only name 10
    Heaps
    Imlay
    Checkerboard
    Englestead
    Icebox
    Kolob
    Ice cube
    Neon
    Pandoras box
    Middle lep

5. Likes edsbay liked this post
    2013 Bucket List

-Imlay Canyon, Zion ***
    -Kolob Canyon, Zion ***
    -Das Boot, Zion
    -Echo Canyon, Zion
    -Englestead Hollow, Zion
    -Birch Hollow, Zion
    -Orderville Gulch, Zion

-Rock of Ages, Moab ***
    -Elephant Butte, Arches ***
    -Big Horn, Arches
    -Dragon Fly, Arches
    -Cameltoe, Moab
    -Granary Canyon, Moab
    -Onion Creek, Moab

-Knotted Rope Canyon, SRS
    -Quandry Direct, SRS ***
    -Zero Gravity, SRS ***

-HIgh Spur, Robbers Roost ***
    -Chambers, Robers Roost
    -Larry Canyon, Robbers Roost ***
    -Robbers Roost - North Fork, Robbers Roost ***
    -Not Mindbender, Robbers Roost
    -Bluejohn Canyon, Robbers Roost

-Calf Creek Falls, Escelante ***
    -Choprock Canyon (Kaleidoscope), Escalante
    -Buckskin Gulch, Escalante ***
    -Baker Canyon, Escalante
    -Ringtail Canyon, Escalante
    CanyoneeringUtah.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey

I will end up leaving the Zion area to do some stuff, but as for now there is still too much to do

29 different canyons done here
    55 still to go that I know of. Seems like every time we do a new one, we add 2 more to the list

Mine exactly....let me know when you plan to knock one or two of these off the list! Would love to partner up.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    Here's mine (only including ones that I already haven't completed):

http://www.summitpost.org/scott-s-wi...canyons/823847

What's yours?

It would be interesting to see who has mutual interest in various canyons.
    I am interested in doing a lot of the same Grand Canyon slots, particularly the ones in the Kanab Creek and Tuckup drainages. Oh and Cove, that one is very high on my list!

I'll go with my current top 10, the ones I spend time day dreaming about...

Imlay
    Heaps
    Kolob
    Sandthrax
    Poe
    Choprock
    Black Hole of White Canyon
    The Squeeze
    Cable Canyon
    Not Mindbender

Quote Originally Posted by 2065toyota View Post
    Seems like every time we do a new one, we add 2 more to the list
    It's still that way for me.... the more canyons I do the more canyons I learn about.

At one time in my life I was worried I'd run out of canyons.... now I'm just sad I'll never live long enough to do all the canyons on my list.

But in two weeks I'm doing a canyon that has been on my must-do list for 10 years. I have my fingers crossed that all the required pieces fall into place to make it happen.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

12. Likes 2065toyota liked this post
    Oh and Cove, that one is very high on my list!
    Was thinking of that one on Thanksgiving weekend if you are interested.

At one time in my life I was worried I'd run out of canyons.... now I'm just sad I'll never live long enough to do all the canyons on my list.
    Same here.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Well... I could parrot everyone's Kolob, Imlay, Choprock list. Obviously, all good lists. Here is my non-traditional list:

Any Powell canyon requiring a boat. The 'Edens' look fun. And I'd like to learn how the boat logistics work.

I'd like to do Peach Wash and not piss off the Navajo Nation.

I'd like to do Deer Creek in The Grand Canyon, legally.

One big, scary exploration that I haven't told anyone about. Don't know if I will ever be qualified to do it. FWIW, there is at least one monster that still lurks out there.

Claustral Canyon, Australia

An exploration out in Dinosaur, CO with Scott P. He's probably forgotten, but I haven't. Had to throw that in, since he started this thread.

Cypress Creek, BC

Mumbai looks amazing.

Egypt 5.

Lucky Charms again. Because I liked the climb at the top.

Bob
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

An exploration out in Dinosaur, CO with Scott P. He's probably forgotten, but I haven't. Had to throw that in, since he started this thread.
    Just let me know when.

16. Likes Slot Machine liked this post
    Kolob, Right Fork, Sandthrax, Choprock, 150 mile. Poe/Smiling Cricket was at the top of the list but will done this weekend.

Scott, I'm also still interested in the Dinosaur exploration.

Slot, I have the same itch for boat accessed canyons at Powell. I have scouted the Edens from the bottom up and seen that massive pothole that's in there-it gave me chills looking at it last summer. I have a boat, we should talk...

I have a boat, we should talk...
    I'd be interested as well, and I've already done many sections of the Edens.

Those canyons have everything from big potholes to high stemming.

I also have access to a boat and also as important, a driver that would drop us off

I also have access to a boat and also as important, a driver that would drop us off
    Could just use a kayak, duckie, or even a tiny blow up raft as well. The exit and entrance aren't that far apart. PS, you would need someone with really good pothole skills. Those potholes are huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Slot Machine View Post
    Well... I could parrot everyone's Kolob, Imlay, Choprock list. Obviously, all good lists. Here is my non-traditional list:
    Lucky Charms again. Because I liked the climb at the top.
    Bob
    I will love to do Choprock ,heaps and redo Kolob

and looking forward for the Ouray canyons!!!

Speaking of canyoneering wish lists..... at one time I had a long list of "canyoneers" I wanted to do a canyon with. Now days there are only a few names on the must-do a canyon with list.

I enjoy looking at the Bogley forum members and knowing I have done canyons with most of those who post regularly.

Maybe I'm just getting old, because now days who I do a canyon with matters more to me then which canyon I do.

23. Likes 2065toyota, Renatomic808 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Slot Machine View Post
    One big, scary exploration that I haven't told anyone about. Don't know if I will ever be qualified to do it. FWIW, there is at least one monster that still lurks out there.
    Bob, there are a couple of giant monsters out here, that haven't been even scouted... so you know ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Renatomic808 View Post
    Bob, there are a couple of giant monsters out here, that haven't been even scouted... so you know ;)
    Sheesh, I envy your situatuion. I keep expecting you to run out of amazing stuff to do, but no!

*hops online, books ticket to Hawaii*

THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

26. Likes Renatomic808 liked this post
    Pandora's Box, Shenanigans, Tight Ass, Chambers, Hard Day Harvey, Paradiso, Topless Turtle/Black Newt and a buncha unbeta'd ones.