Thread: Vernal, UT to Highline Trailhead

Vernal, UT to Highline Trailhead

I am planning on backpacking the Highline trail in August or September. I would start off on the Vernal side. There is a Greyhound bus from SLC to Vernal, so that isn't a problem. If I take the bus to Vernal, I would need to get a ride to the trail head. I live in SLC, so I can get to the West side of the trail easy enough.

Right now there is only two going. If you're also planning on doing the trip this year PM me and we can join forces. Ideally I could find someone that lives in Vernal that is also planning on doing the trip. We could then leave 1 car at each trail head and use the bus to move between SLC and Vernal.

Since the trip is 80 miles and I plan on doing Kings Peak along the way, we should be able to do the route in 7-9 days.

Thanks,

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I live in Vernal, if you need a ride to the trailhead from this end let me know when the time get's closer to see if I'll be around. Willing to help out if I can. Jim
    Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the Grave in a well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, ...Holy Shit... What A Ride!

I'm interested and looking at doing it this summer also, I'll send you a PM.