Thread: canyon between Toto & Munchkin?

canyon between Toto & Munchkin?

Is the canyon between Toto & Munchkin exciting at all? Looking at making a loop down Toto and up-n-out the NF Trachyte, following SRG's path he put down last year. But looking at the map, there is another slot just next door between it and Munchkin. Who's been down this? Anything worth seeing? Thanks for the info!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Could you share the GPS point for the canyon you are asking about?

I know where Munchkin is, but not Toto.
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

SRG recently went through a canyon that he named "Toto" that drains into the NF of Trachyte Ck. Its two canyons north of Munchkin, and the first sizeable canyon that drains into the NF. The canyon I'm looking at is between that and Toto, so the canyon due north of Munchkin. Looks like its got some narrow sections in it, just seeing if anyone reccomends it. If you search this site for "Toto" its the first thing that comes up.

Yeti,
    On the hike out last year, we hiked past the heads of the two smaller west forks of Toto and I remember seeing at least one interesting looking rappel. If you're in the area and have some extra time these may be worth checking out.
    -Sam

Quote Originally Posted by SRG View Post
    Yeti,
    On the hike out last year, we hiked past the heads of the two smaller west forks of Toto and I remember seeing at least one interesting looking rappel. If you're in the area and have some extra time these may be worth checking out.
    -Sam
    Sam-

I take it that you dropped into the south/east fork of Toto then? Sounds intriguing - we don't really have a set plan that day so that might be a fun adventure!

Sucks that I have no clue what you guys are talking about.

Does anyone have a map that they could share?
    *leans waaayyy back in my Lazy-Boy recliner*
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

Quote Originally Posted by Slot Machine View Post

Sucks that I have no clue what you guys are talking about.

Does anyone have a map that they could share?
    *leans waaayyy back in my Lazy-Boy recliner*
    Fortunately, someone does- you! Dial up your Super Canyoneering Map, find Munchkin in the N Wash/Hogs area, and look at the next canyon northwest of there....

Quote Originally Posted by yetigonecrazy View Post
    Fortunately, someone does- you! Dial up your Super Canyoneering Map...
    I didn't mean it that way.

Jus' sayin Mr Yeti... a picture of what you are asking about would help all the lazy folks at home play along. I'm too lazy to match your description to Google Earth. Other people are too.

Help the lazy people help you!

For clarification, here...http://goo.gl/maps/Zr9Yl... is where we dropped into the short, non-technical slot we called Toto.

Here...http://goo.gl/maps/18uuR... is where we exited.

On the hike back we passed http://goo.gl/maps/5dbIA and http://goo.gl/maps/4KHS3 which may be fun to check out.

And this... http://goo.gl/maps/QifAI... is where Yeti is inquiring about.

-Sam

Thanks Sam. I've been on my smart phone all day and haven't been able to do that kind of activity.

I think we'll go take a look at the unnamed middle canyon and have a peek. If it goes quick I think we'll scoot over and try out the longer of the West Forks (or I guess you could call it the Middle Fork) of Toto. Either way, can't lose!