Thread: Red Hollow Canyon Land Owners

Red Hollow Canyon Land Owners

Any idea how to contact these guys or even who they are?

http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...oneering-Route

Anyone who has done this, is there a house on the property to enable asking for permission?

Don't mind winging it, but if it is just a No Trespassing sign with no contact info, seems tough to get permission.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

You may have better luck inquiring within that thread, it might shoot a subscription email to all who have posted in it, and they may have some info by now. Good luck.

If I remember correctly it is the Del Tait family? Sound framiliar? Its in one of the Mike Kelsey books, I'll go back through and see if I can find it

Quote Originally Posted by yetigonecrazy View Post
    If I remember correctly it is the Del Tait family?
    The Tait family is for Red Cave, not Red Hollow.

Red Hollow is not in any of MK's books. Here is the Red Hollow route description. The private property has never been an issue and probably will not become one unless canyoneers cause problems. Just be courteous and know you are on private property.

Red Hollow is one of those canyons most people will do once to check it off the list. The one item the route has is a 300' entrance rappel (280' free air), which is good practice for anyone doing Heaps that has not done a 300' free air rappel.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

Thanks iceaxe, that is kind of what we were beginning to believe.

With all the advertising Utah has done this year, it has been impossible to get accommodations up near the entrance, so staying out towards orderville this year. This looked like a fun one, especially since it will be in our backyard.

Picked up more beta from the inner circle.

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    The Tait family is for Red Cave, not Red Hollow.

Red Hollow is not in any of MK's books. Here is the Red Hollow route description. The private property has never been an issue and probably will not become one unless canyoneers cause problems. Just be courteous and know you are on private property.

Red Hollow is one of those canyons most people will do once to check it off the list. The one item the route has is a 300' entrance rappel (280' free air), which is good practice for anyone doing Heaps that has not done a 300' free air rappel.
    I've talked to the landowner once when we ran into him out there in a rainstorm. He did not have a problem at that time with people respectfully using his land. However, in the fall, he locks the gate to keep the deer poachers out.

I believe it is for sale.

Bogley BigShot
    Taits land for sale! Wow! Cool......

Bo has also written up the direction for those Red Hollow - the hike and Red Cave. Del Tail lives in Mount Carmel. Del is cool about people driving across his land to get to Red Cave as long as they stop and let him know. He wants to keep track because he had been trying to get the city to help maintain the road.

Here are the trail descriptions - which do include Dell's address and phone number:
    http://www.zionnational-park.com/zion-red-cave.htm
    http://www.zionnational-park.com/eas...red-hollow.htm