Thread: Pine Creek 4-12-2013

Pine Creek 4-12-2013

My buddy proposed to his long time girlfriend and he decided to do it during Pine Creek Canyon. We took a lot of people who have never been canyoneering before but wanted to be in the festivities. Pine Creek is an awesome intro to canyoneering. It offers cold pools, narrow slots and stunning views. It also great because it's so easy to get to which often leads to high volume of people and misadventure.

He proposed at the top of Cathedral (fitting, huh?) rappel while the rest of us on the bottom were setting up floating candles and cheering him on. After some tears of joy they come and we all celebrate briefly because it was super cold in the canyon. I was nominated to swim around Cathedral pool to hunt down all the rogue candles before leaving, but it was fun times to be had by all.

Our entire group was using wetsuits, but most people we saw had drysuits. Pools were super clean (relatively in canyon terms).

Congratulations JL and CH!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8jO4hBmJcZ4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jO4hBmJcZ4

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nice TR and even better story! What a cool memory.

Loved your music choice too.

If i could offer one very small crit, is put the camera above when rapping. IMO it gives a more dramatic shot when you can see how high it really is. Especially your footage of the last rap. Just preference though.

Your safety is not my responsibility.

4. Likes Mountaineer liked this post
    Thanks! It's my first time experimenting with the GoPro. Will try out that camera angle next time. Moreso, can you explain how you embedded you video?! I couldn't figure that out for the life of me.

This is as creative a wedding proposal as I have ever scene and great video with the burst shot from the GoPro! Dude...you got a career in film making! Nice job!

Quote Originally Posted by rustyenduro View Post
    Thanks! It's my first time experimenting with the GoPro. Will try out that camera angle next time. Moreso, can you explain how you embedded you video?! I couldn't figure that out for the life of me.

oh yeah you just click the icon that looks like a movie reel, 3rd to last top row.. Or you can type the codes directly, just click "reply with quote" to my original response (without replying) and you can see the actual code. Then replace your link with mine. It's pretty simple once you get the hang of it.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.