Thread: Russell Gulch & Subway 4/29/13

Russell Gulch & Subway 4/29/13

We did a trip Sunday through the Subway with the alternative Russell Gulch entrance. We had never done it before so it seemed fitting to do so. Webbing was in good shape at all 3 raps. I was disappointed that there was no flow even going this early in the rear. Chest deep water in a couple of places was all. It was fun to do it once, but the Das Boot approach is definitely more fun. There was also no flow at the confluence of the Das Boot section and Russell section. We all took wetsuits varying from 3mm to 5mm and all were comfortable. We caught one group with no suits at Keyhole Falls and they were very cold, but got through it all ok. The Subway was fun and scenic as always. About a 1/4 of a mile from the exit hill, my sister in-laws boyfriend rolled his ankle really bad and it took us about 3 hours to get him up the exit and back to the cars which made it a long day. He flies back home to North Carolina today and is going to get x-rays because it is pretty swollen and colored. I don't think it's broken, but just a bad sprain.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Pics are coming, I can't them to load. Eric and Rick have some, why don't you post some up

5. Likes Brian in SLC liked this post
    Nice pics kody. I liked Russell gultch. I thought it was just as fun as das boot. The 2nd rap in rg is on of my fav raps that I've done idk why but I loved it.

Looks like another great run through the Subway! Thanks for posting

You want to change my date from 4/29 to 4/28. Thanks.

Sweeet! Looks like some of the sand has been cleaned out of the hallway in pic #7! Nice! Love that part. Looks like a great time, thanks for sharing Kody!

Quote Originally Posted by 2065toyota View Post
    You want to change my date from 4/29 to 4/28. Thanks.
    I'm not a mod, but I'll play one for a minute. If you go to 'edit post', then 'go advanced' you can fix it.
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

That was a fun trip through Subway. Here are a few of my pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images                              

11. Likes ratagonia, Udink liked this post
    Sure is pretty in there.

Awesome pics!
    --Cliff

rockrat, what camera/tools/procedure did you use to make those HDRs? They look great!