Thread: May 11th/12th?

May 11th/12th?

who's going where? i got time off but no crew (everybody is graduating college or going to graduation, im way too old for that). anybody going anywhere and not mind having an extra body? i will bring beer

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I'm also free, but would probably only be interested in getting a good group together for heaps or imlay, two of the last few in zion I haven't done yet. or maybe some other tougher canyon.

Which area you headed to?

Unfortunately, Zion would be too far for me.

I'd be interested in going to somewhere a little closer to me.

There's this unbetaed canyon in Dinosaur NM that I have to finish.

I'd also be interested in Segers Hole/Squeeze, or an unbetaed canyon in the Swell I have all scouted out. Full Eardley might be good since two vehicles could make the car shuttle.

Also an unbetaed one in the Roost area.

Maybe Fivemile in Capitol Reef?

The fartherest I could go would probably be Spencer Canyon/Metro in combination with Davis Gulch or something? Maybe even Ringtail.

Not sure if you are interested in any of those or what you had in mind.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

I didn't really have anything in mind. I just know it's going to be a crazy weekend around here and I want to get out. I don't think I have the time to go as far as Escalante. I'd like to keep it in the Swell and/or mostly eastern UT if possible....

Dinosaur or stuff in the Swell sounds good....

Because it is Mother's Day weekend, I'm thinking of doing that unbetaed canyon in Dinosaur so I can be back fairly early.

The canyon is very deep, scenic, and spectacular, and quite narrow, though only one section is a true slot. The lower canyon is 30 feet wide and 600 feet deep, so quite impressive.

We had done the lower half of the canyon, but not the upper half.

Does this interest you?
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Curious Scott...time and length? I might be in vernal riding...

I'd plan on all day saturday.