Thread: New Server Updates

New Server Updates

If you missed the email, you can read it here: http://bogley.me/119tVGk

UPDATE: There is a linux pro, a php developer and our server guy working on switching us to a new and improved server. Sorry if you have experienced hiccups. We just keep getting BIGGER!

We're trying to get the hiccups fixed in the meantime, even-though they should be resolved on the new server. It takes some time to get the new server setup and especially to move all the content (images, database, code, etc) to the new sever. We'll be up and running for the summer though. Thanks for your patience as we improve your experience! I will post updates here as I have them.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

You guys going with a dedicated server?

I'm jumping back on this project. I've got some free time now while I look for full time employment.

Anyway, thanks to @DiscGo and @BruteForce for the help now and back in April. The new server is being setup right now and I'm working on the migration with my server guy.

Just a few stats. There are about 60 GB worth of files (images, etc) and the database (text, etc) is about 1 GB.

6. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    I'm currently moving the files to the new server...testing will follow.

Nuts, I'm just grabbing about half of the attachment folders that have been modified this year. 138,000+ files and the number hasn't peaked out yet

This doesn't include linked pictures from sources like flickr, picasaweb, photobucket, and other hotlinked images. That's image attachments, and it's not quite half of what we've got.

Name:  ftp.png
Views: 561
Size:  20.8 KB

And... this is downloading right now. It doesn't appear to have a big huge terrible impact on the site speed, but if it does, please bear with us. I can't remember how many giggity gigabytes we're up to now but hopefully this download is pretty staggered.

Thanks.

We should hire someone (maybe from FreeLancer.com) to setup log shipping for us, so that the site is constantly being backed up offsite.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    138,000+ files and the number hasn't peaked out yet.
    THAT'S IT?? WHERE ARE THE REST OF MY PHOTOS??

THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

Nice to see someone is finally feeding the hamsters.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

Howcome I can't add spaces to my posts? Whenever I press Enter the cursor doesn't reset to the next line, and whatever I type just ends up being one long run-on sentence.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Howcome I can't add spaces to my posts? Whenever I press Enter the cursor doesn't reset to the next line, and whatever I type just ends up being one long run-on sentence.
    Are you on a wireless keyboard? Does this problem happen on other keyboards? That's where I'd start first, I've never heard of this issue, no matter what browser.

Are you on a wireless keyboard? Does this problem happen on other keyboards? That's where I'd start first, I've never heard of this issue, no matter what browser.
    Nope...I'm using a wired keyboard from two different computers. Watch what happens when it hit the Enter key: <this sentence typed after hitting the Enter key 10 times>

Nope...I'm using a wired keyboard from two different computers. Watch what happens when it hit the Enter key: <this sentence typed after hitting the Enter key 10 times>
    K, what browser are you using, and what version? How's your Flash and Java updates?

Windows Internet Explorer on one computer, and Firefox on the other...not sure the versions, but they're pretty current. Java and Flash are a little outdated on the Firefox, but up to date on the IE browser.

And both are doing exactly the same thing with the enter and space keys?

That's strange, no amount of permissions limitation on our end could ever cause that.

Dunno if you did anything, but it's working just fine now....as evidenced by my awesome new post in the funny images thread...

<enter check -- working fine\>

Dunno if you did anything, but it's working just fine now....as evidenced by my awesome new post in the funny images thread...

<enter check -- working fine\>
    It was all me, i plugged in a USB cable to the hamster wheel

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

It was all me, i plugged in a USB cable to the hamster wheel

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Test....after resetting compatibility view.

Works great!!!

Just a follow up on the "enter" issue. It's most likely from Internet Explorer 10. Choose compatibility mode, then refresh the page.

As soon as we get through this server move and software update, hopefully this won't be an issue anymore.

Thanks.