Thread: Das boot conditions.

Das boot conditions.

Curious if anyone has been through the das boot section of upper left fork this spring?!
    Noticed on the Zion permit site when I was applying that someone had pulled a permit for today. Hopefully they may chime in over the weekend. I have permits for das boot/subway on Monday.
    I have done them both multiple times but never in April.
    Thanks!
    . . .

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

They can be pretty ugly this time of year, but I'm guess after the winter we had they're probably fine. I haven't been there this year, though, so that's just a guess.
    --Cliff

Myself and two friends, party of 3 completed Das Boot and Subway on April 13th. We replaced the first anchor for safe measure. A lot of stuff we down climbed because the pools were so full of water. Water temp was manage-able for us wearing 4/3 wetsuits and 3mm booties as well as a windbreaker. Ranger recommended drysuits or 7mm wetsuits. I believe there is one keeper type pothole (its my first time doing Das Boot) and it was full of water and easy to escape solo.

Bloom

I was the one who went through on the 19th...I am sure this is too late to help you, but...
    We found the walk down no problem instead of rapping into the canyon.
    We wore our drysuits which was the right choice. Our hands and feet were numb until we hit the subway.
    We replaced the webbing on the first two raps since the ranger told us no one had been through in a month. Then we removed the next two setups because they were down climbs.

The water was slightly flowing so no problems getting out of anything, but they seemed to all be walk outs anyway other than the logs jams which is easy enough to climb onto. There was a little snow still in the canyon.

We did the canyon (including the subway) with my 50ft rope and never took out the 120. It was a little short in the subway, so I just did a hanging disconnect into shallow water.

Lol mzamp you replaced my anchor I set 6 days prior? better safe than sorry I guess.

Did you replace the white webbing extension from the tree? That one looked a little worn, but we opted to leave it as is.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Come on Frank, I know you did this. Give us a report...
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by rustyenduro View Post
    Lol mzamp you replaced my anchor I set 6 days prior? better safe than sorry I guess.

Did you replace the white webbing extension from the tree? That one looked a little worn, but we opted to leave it as is.
    We were misinformed by the ranger then, because he said we were the first through in over a month. That and webbing is cheap, my medical deductible is not.
    Not sure about any white webbing. Are you talking about the really long