Thread: "JA 1807" near Green River?

"JA 1807" near Green River?

Found this inscription in a canyon outside of Green River this weekend....any ideas?

Name:  09- Inscription.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  41.4 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

John Adams was there.

My first instinct is that this is much more modern. The style doesn't look like most other inscriptions from the time. 1807 would be pretty darn old for that area. The next oldest I can think of in the general area are Robidoux (1837) and Julien (1836).

Judging from the photos in your TR I think I know exactly where this is, and that seems like an odd place for someone to be exploring in the early 1800s. More likely it was done after the road was constructed.
    Blog | FB

My first instinct is that this is much more modern. The style doesn't look like most other inscriptions from the time. 1807 would be pretty darn old for that area. The next oldest I can think of in the general area are Robidoux (1837) and Julien (1836).
    I agree.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

I had no beliefs it was anything super old or historically relevant, I was just curious if someone had seen anything like it and knew who it was doing them and why.....But not really super concerned with it. Probably just some bored rando out in the sun too long

It's in the Right Hand of Blaze Canyon, just west of Floy Wash, if anybody is interested.

JA are my initials, and 1807 are the last four digits of my phone number, but I SWEAR I didn't do it!

Quote Originally Posted by canyoncaver View Post
    JA are my initials, and 1807 are the last four digits of my phone number, but I SWEAR I didn't do it!
    Seeing your other post reminded me I wanted to reply to this.

Are you married?
    Do you know that if looking for a mate, there are better ways than leaving your initials and part of your phone number on a rock hidden in a canyon in the desert somewhere?

Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by penmartens View Post
    Do you know that if looking for a mate, there are better ways than leaving your initials and part of your phone number on a rock hidden in a canyon in the desert somewhere?

Just sayin'.
    Well, I guess it all depends on what kind of a girl you are looking for.

10. Likes Byron, penmartens liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by canyoncaver View Post
    Well, I guess it all depends on what kind of a girl you are looking for.
    CLEVER!
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.