Thread: Central Colorado Canyoneering???? - Bueva Vista, Salida, Wolf Creek, Monarch area

Central Colorado Canyoneering???? - Bueva Vista, Salida, Wolf Creek, Monarch area

I've searched all of the forums and spend quite a bit of time in central or what I call central Colorado meaning the area around Bueva Vista, Salida, Wolf Creek, Monarch and all the areas around there.

Curious to know if anyone has found any canyons wet or dry in this general area and if so can you provide some beta?

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

McCoy Gulch is not far west of Salida:

http://estes.on-line.com/rmnp/pics/2002/07062002.html

The old link to the beta seems to be gone.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

theres not a whole lot in the way of published routes....although I think Bighorn Sheep Canyon between Salida and Canyon City could be a good place to find short, highway accessible routes. the geology between the two towns in very complex, including but not limited to sediments, metamorphics, and precambrian basement rocks, and even just whizzing by on the road you can pick off fun routes visible from the road. so it's unknown what there is that isn't visible, but could be good....

there are some short narrow canyons in the granite east of Browns Canon, I will contact my friend in BV and ask him for details.

Browns Creek has a triple waterfall on it, people have kayaked it, could it be done at low flow? maybe...

South Fork Lake Creek has some gorges in it....

also Wolf Creek is not really near BV, Salida, and Monarch. That's more San Juans, and there are a lot of options in that area....