Thread: Dry Suit advice

Dry Suit advice

I'm considering purchasing the Bomber Gear Hyrdobomb dry suit so I do not have to rent everytime I'm doing something where I need drysuit. Priced @ $600 and wanted to know if anyone has any experience with the brand "Bomber Gear". http://www.bombergear.com/products/hydrobomb-dry-suit

Kokatats are $900+ and just wondering if anyone can shed some light on this and if it would be considered a good drysuit for canyoneering.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Kokatat's Swift Entries are around $500. That is what I use and I have no complaints.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...it+swift+entry

The Swift Entry is about half the price of the Goretex model. YES, the Goretex model is probably better, but I have had no issues with the Swift Entry and would buy it again all things being equal. Honestly I seldom use my dry suit, normally I wear a wetsuit unless it's really going to be cold like the time we did Kolob in November with 6" of snow on the ground.

I agree with Iceaxe - I have only worn a wetsuit while canyoneering. I did, however, recently go on a Colorado River trip and used a Kokatat dry suit (for 23 days). It was awesome, I give high praise to Kokatat.

Shannon

23 days? I `went on a colorado river trip recently and used my drysuit for only maybe 10 days? I think my head would have popped and spewed puss if I'd used mine for 23 days! Welcopme home shan. You and Jerm rock!

6. Likes jeremy1701 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo_Beck View Post
    I think my head would have popped and spewed puss if I'd used mine for 23 days! Welcopme home shan. You and Jerm rock!
    It took a little bit of getting used to; but I so appreciated having it each day. The few times I went without it for a few miles - I froze!!!

Welcome home to you, too, Bo - YOU rock
    Last edited by shan1203; 04-18-2013 at 07:08 AM. Reason: spelling

I love my Kokotat that I got in December, but mine is the gore-tex. Lucky me didn't have to pay full price. It also has the relief zipper which I have yet to use. I'm guessing it won't see much use now as I switch back to my wet suit for the summer...unless I am bringing noobs through and expect extended time in the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Bo_Beck View Post
    I think my head would have popped and spewed puss if I'd used mine for 23 days! Welcopme home shan.
    I trimmed my neck gasket down, best 10 minutes working on gear I ever spent.

Have the Kokatat goretex model and it's great. Forgot to completely zip mine up on a winter descent of Imlay, and, was glad to have the goretx model. Completely dry in a couple of hours. Also, I think nailing the amount of insulation is tough, and, I tend to sweat a bit when moving around. Nice that it dries out.

Highly recommend not cutting any gaskets on the suit. One small error and you've f'd up the suit. Instead, stretch whatever's too tight around an object and leave it set for a spell. On mine, the neck gasket was tight, and, I left it on a coffee can for a week or two and now its still snug, but, way more comfy.

Any place around the Wasatch Front that does work on drysuits? I'd like to replace the dive-booties with some latex socks but despite reading a bit about the process I wouldn't even want to try it myself.