Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sand Hollow WORCS RACE

For all of you that did not make the trip down for this race my hat is off to you and I wish I had done the same.
    By far the biggest cluster F*** you may ever see in racing and them poor boys with USRA got sucked right into this cluster F***.

THis should have been for the pro side x side and then maybe the atv's at best.

I'll never race a worcs cluster mess ever again.

However I would like to go out on a limb and give the boys with DNR,Utah State Parks, and BLM for giving this a shot.
    My hat is off to you boys and keep up the great work that you do.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnseeker1 View Post
    Good hell what a nightmare

This only got worse
    Yeah what a mess...

Gotta love that SAND!

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Yeah what a mess...
    That actually looks like a lot of fun. Sand riding separates the men from the boys

I've got no issues riding with the men, that's for sure. I'd ride with any of these pansies.

I;ve been through this front end hitch once before and thought it was my suspension.
    When I through on a new front tire I went through it like this. Help me if you see a flaw please.

1- I tighten the outside small bolts.
    2- I tighten the axle nut to torque.
    3- Then I tighten the inside bolts small.
    4- I place the fork alighnment tool on forks but do to the full wrap bottoms plastic gaurds I don't get an over all read.

The bike feels like the forks are not right due to it will not hold true to trail.

Any and all advise is very welcome at this point as I am extremely fustrated.
    I did bleed the air from forks with front tire up off ground as I always do prior to a ride.

Not sure what I am missing but I am.

I started todays ride with FORKS; Rebound 15 and Comp.12
    Rear: 9 rebound and 8 on the comp.

High speed rear 1 and a 1/4 from base line.

This is all from base line to tight or hard or fast or?
    During todays ride I moved forks to + 1 R/C
    and left the rear alone.

The front tire is an Bride. 403 very soft, I normally run the 603 and todays ride away from deep rutted sand handled like shit as well.

I do have an stablelizer and set it everwhere from 8 to 1 with no luck.

I bought this bike with the standard mx51 stock and it gave me the same problems at first.
    THen I through on a 603 and maybe I just got lucky but things seem to turn around for me.
    I did notce at that time that my left to right forks were of by 1 click at that time so I have rechecked 5 times to se if this is the case this time cause it feels the same way?

I'm starting to think this bike hates soft front tires period.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.

Name:  ;ooking for the outside edge.png
Views: 154
Size:  680.6 KBName:  second corner from start Sand Hollow.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  51.7 KBName:  ;ooking for the outside edge.png
Views: 154
Size:  680.6 KBName:  following the roost.png
Views: 112
Size:  404.0 KBName:  going wide.png
Views: 109
Size:  668.2 KB

No it may have seemed bad but it was fun all the same.

A little inside action and outside action.

Hey I may be clueless but I do believe I would try it again and again.
    Maybe one day I can do a little bit better or die trying.

I would always take my rear shock and forks to Fineline suspension. He would set them up perfect for me and I would never have to worry about it. Always see people putting pipes and motor mods on their bikes, when suspension upgrades will make you way faster than any motor mods ever will.

Yeh Tom is the best.
    That guy can pin you down by just walking into his parking lot.
    My Yz he took one look says 50 years old and trail rider that wants to hit the whoops.
    Tom is spot on.

Tom at Fineline ROCKS

Shoot I 'll bet my left nut that old boy is still to this day on his old Honda 450X Street legal.Limited white edition.

@2065toyota Thank you bro this is what I wanted to hear and kinda forgot about.
    I'll be dragging it in in the morn.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnseeker1 View Post
    I;ve been through this front end hitch once before and thought it was my suspension.
    When I through on a new front tire I went through it like this. Help me if you see a flaw please.

1- I tighten the outside small bolts.
    2- I tighten the axle nut to torque.
    3- Then I tighten the inside bolts small.
    4- I place the fork alighnment tool on forks but do to the full wrap bottoms plastic gaurds I don't get an over all read.

The bike feels like the forks are not right due to it will not hold true to trail.

Any and all advise is very welcome at this point as I am extremely fustrated.
    I did bleed the air from forks with front tire up off ground as I always do prior to a ride.

Not sure what I am missing but I am.

I started todays ride with FORKS; Rebound 15 and Comp.12
    Rear: 9 rebound and 8 on the comp.

High speed rear 1 and a 1/4 from base line.

This is all from base line to tight or hard or fast or?
    During todays ride I moved forks to + 1 R/C
    and left the rear alone.

The front tire is an Bride. 403 very soft, I normally run the 603 and todays ride away from deep rutted sand handled like shit as well.

I do have an stablelizer and set it everwhere from 8 to 1 with no luck.

I bought this bike with the standard mx51 stock and it gave me the same problems at first.
    THen I through on a 603 and maybe I just got lucky but things seem to turn around for me.
    I did notce at that time that my left to right forks were of by 1 click at that time so I have rechecked 5 times to se if this is the case this time cause it feels the same way?

I'm starting to think this bike hates soft front tires period.
    We can chat on the phone about this tomorrow or @Garbanzo can set you straight. You might have the sequence wrong. Which may or may not be affecting you...

I swear this bike hates soft front tires.
    Anyways heres is what I'm running. from base line going up and hard LOL.
    Front forks 16 Rebound
    Front fork 13 Comp.
    and yes I know things are like up side down on KTM's

Rear 10 rebound and 9comp
    With 1 and 1/4 on the high speed.
    Forks are on the stock third line up off tripple clamp.

I know nothing as clink used to say.

Cool acca that works.
    Honestly I have never been so darn embarrassed in My hole life than this race.
    This is the race I wish the hell I kept me BRP believe it or not. That bitch would stand on end in any situation. IGarantolduso.

Crack the throttle on that bitch and plow throw the compition YEEE FRIGGINHAW. JK

Pay close attention to 1828 the two smokie cheet at the 2:00 minute mark LOL