Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sand Hollow WORCS RACE

Sand Hollow WORCS RACE

SO here I am, I have one worcs race under my belt and I did finish LMAO.
    I'm sitting here thinking this shit only comes along so often and it sure is fun when you go for it right?

So the IRC rear is a must for sand and rock but?
    Is there a tire I should consider for the front for such a race?
    Lots of dune riding.

I know I will have my hat handed to me once again but the chance to do this race in my backyard is hard to pass up.
    I'm on the fence right now but I think it could be so fun I just can't pass it up.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

We will certainly give our very best bro.
    Can't say how will turn or if I'll burn but is why it is so fun.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.

I've been thinking an IRC motocross tire but not sure how that will work for the sand stone areas.
    Kinda of a pointy soft tire?
    I do have a Dunlop mx 51 in real good shape that can spoon on fast enough however.

My 603 is toast after Moab. The side nobbs are nill to none at this point. Prichet CYN is hard core.

Did you ride up or down Prichett canyon ? You are an expert rider if you rode that trail, it is intense enough for me on a mountain bike.

It was day 3 of 4 and at the end of a 45 mile loop and it was down.

I've been so on and off the fence on this one cause I thought I broke my foot on the rock garden on day 2 at Moab.
    Foot hurts like hell but in that sweet recovery type pain. Like when you over excercise.
    So I ordered two new tires and I'm going for it baby.
    Looks like my race is sat. VET Sportsman. 50 + big bikes.

Decided to go with a IRC 130 Rear and a softer but stable in the sand stone 403 up front.

At this point I could careless if I come in last but I just want to have some serious fun.
    I am getting so old I may very well never get the chance again.

@REDFOX shoot bro you've rode with me before and EXPERT is 180* from where I am and you know it.

But we do need to get together for some more fun:D

OH hell yeh and by the way: Tell that brother inlaw of yours that now his bike is running good that I am just around the dam corner LMAO.
    I'd say I'll pm you my number but I have a better Idea. PM me his number so I can give him some shit.

So by chance is there any brave souls doing this one as well?

I have some work to perform since my big bike drowning in the Virgin River the other day.

I just can't believe acca and Garbanzo are not in on this one
    They would override there class I guess.

It's easy for me: Old, Slow, Willing to give it a try.

Truth is I could careless if they are coming from CA.,NV.,AZ., or were ever this here shit is my backyard and they best ****ing bring it.

I'm the jerk on sandbox control LMAO and this here is my sand box!

<p>
    http://www.worcsracing.com/index.php Hit the one on the left to see were we call home. Hope to see you there. Wish me luck.

Normally when I ride with the great folks here in these pages I try to do the right thing and carry enough crap for in field repairs.

So with this race I'm thinking shit can it all and just go for it You know minus hydration.

I meen they do have course sweepers and all and the way I see it they can't start the pros until they drag my sorry but off the course.

So what do you all think or better still would you go as light as possible?
    In other words I want this tail bag off!

I think I already know the answer but it is always good to hear from others.

I did throw some new shoes on the big pony just for this race.
    Bridg. 403 up front and an IRC M5B on the rear. Big ole fat basturd 130.
    Figured I will need all the help I can get And those that know this is a supurb sand tire that still works great in the sandstone.

Hey Just a noob going for it baby.

THank you CHET for setting me right.
    Can't waite to see us together with your new ride bro.

Well that did not work well at all.
    The fast boys lapped me three times before I could muster the first 5 or so miles.

This course was so darn chewed that the wet dark sand 3 feet down was up top and the rutts where unreal.
    The kind of stuff that only 4th gear would help but every time I got her into third I either got thrown off course or just throwen down.

Way in over my head and I bet I picked my bike up 40 times in that first 5 miles.

When they let the pros out the day before for practice and we are talking atv and sidebysiders plus pro bike holy smokes.

I thought they would start and run everything up over the dunes through the rocks and around again. Wrong.

Shoot the atv's where getting stuck on turn one. Nastiest stuff I have ever tried to ride.

This track was so chewed to shit I wish the atv and sideby folks had gone first.
    At least then I'd have had one or another trail to ride.
    Worcs best get it together or it will go by way ot the side by sides.
    Now you don't hear that everyday as a motorcycle rider do ya?

Guess it's time to get a flag and practice ALOT.

Good hell what a nightmare

This only got worse