Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: **The Official UFC Thread**

Nunes just destroyed Rousey in 48 seconds and sent her into retirement.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Dear Rhonda Rousey: You're not a boxer, stop acting like one.

I mean, what the hell? A punching bag would've given Nunes more of a challenge. Rousey didn't even try any of her signature judo moves. She just stood there like a dumbass while Nunes mercilessly turned Rousey's face into a bloody pulp.

Oh well, Rousey is done. No way she's coming back from this. She wasn't just defeated, she was disgraced. If she was suicidal after the Holm fight, I can't imagine what she's thinking now.

Name:  tI1apsU.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  90.5 KB
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

**The Official UFC Thread**

3 million for a cool :48 seconds. At least she got paid well to take a beating.

That's pretty much the end of women's MMA for a long while. An ugly fighter will never be a big draw no matter how talented they are, especially a dyke like Nunes.

Here comes the tidal wave of memes:

Name:  5dATl4d.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  83.0 KB

Name:  2BkR7Ec.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  88.4 KB

Name:  bfdjRN1.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  98.0 KB

Name:  SC9e7cE.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  43.6 KB

8. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    3 million for a cool :48 seconds. At least she got paid well to take a beating.
    Yeah...she'll bag about a million after taxes and paying off everyone with a finger in the pie. Heck, I'd take a minute long ass whuppun for that kind of money, I'd even try to fight back!

Speaking of pie, it's too bad Playboy hit the skids, otherwise she could milk another couple hundred grand bustin' out those ta-tas. I wonder is Hustler is still around?
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Hustler would want her to bust out more than just ta-tas.

She already has the ta-ta's out in Sports Illustrated.

Now that I've watched the Rousey fight a couple of times I have one huge question.... WTF was Rousey doing trying to box with Nunes? I would have thought she would have learned her lesson with Holms? That is just shitty coaching. Rousey's camp had a terrible game plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Now that I've watched the Rousey fight a couple of times I have one huge question.... WTF was Rousey doing trying to box with Nunes? I would have thought she would have learned her lesson with Holms? That is just shitty coaching. Rousey's camp had a terrible game plan.
    Which is the reason why I pointed out several posts ago that she needs to quit acting like a boxer. Her last two fights she completely ditched her bread and butter ground game and tried to go toe to toe with good boxers. And both times she got her ass kicked.

Judo and BJJ are Rousey's strengths. She sucks at boxing. Didn't they learn anything from the Holm fight? Apparently not:

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.www.c...ndroid-verizon

And another thing, did you happen to notice how "off" Rousey looked? She looked timid, uncomfortable, scared. And after that first punch in the nose she looked like she was in shock. I think she had lost that fight even before stepping into the octagon.

14. Likes Iceaxe liked this post

16. Likes twotimer liked this post
    Excellent!
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Rousey is history so now UFC can slip back into obscurity somewhere between Ultimate Poker and Drone Racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Rousey is history so now UFC can slip back into obscurity somewhere between Ultimate Poker and Drone Racing.

Blasphemy!

There's still other fighters that are entertaining to watch -- like that "Korean Zombie" who looks like a prepubescent 12-yr-old boy, but who is an absolute ass kicker.

And I'm all in on the Amanda Nunez train. She's vicious, a legitimate champion, and is humble from humble beginnings. I got really sick and tired of watching Rousey's entitled, snotty attitude. Her pride got the better of her and she paid a steep price for it. It was a little satisfying to see her get the piss knocked out of her.

I agree... Nunez is a great fighter... unfortunately her purses will be 25% of a Rousey purse. And how long until a chick headlines the fight card again? Who wants to pay big money to watch a bull dike fight? Rousey was lightening in a bottle...

Anyone who watched the turdburger of a non-fight between Anthony "Rumble" Johnson and Daniel Cormier should demand their money back. After a lethargic first round, Johnson rolls over and lets D.C. choke him out without even an ounce of resistance. After the fight we learn that this was Johnson's retirement fight, and that he had no intention of winning and advancing his career in the UFC. He even told his friends and family not to come to the fight - because he was planning to lose.

I think that's called "throwing the fight."

I wonder how much cash Johnson made from betting against himself? And I wonder how DC can honestly walk away from that fight triumphant knowing the guy who was favored to beat him walked into the octagon planning to lose?

I thought UFC ended the day Rousey lost to Numez? So you're telling me they are still fighting? And even harder to believe you're telling me people are still actually paying big money to watch said fights?

^^^I go watch the fights at a rich friend's house. He pays for the fights, and I bring the drinks and witty commentary.

We were all in complete agreement that this fight was thrown. If you go back and look at the replay, Johnson tapped even BEFORE DC had his arm wrapped around Johnson's neck.

The UFC will pick up again once Johnny Bones Jones comes back from suspension in July. The up and coming heavyweight fight between Miocic and Dos Santos will be a good one as well. I really like Miocic. He's just a regular guy. A firefighter from NYC who still fights fires and doesn't let his stardom go to his head.

Name:  DINdAGiUIAA1yNW.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  60.0 KB

25. Likes rockgremlin liked this post