Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: **The Official UFC Thread**

Alvarez and Chandler last night on Bellator. Great five rounder with Alvarez with the split decision. I saw it Chandler with all rounds. Weird.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

who saw ufc fight night dec. 6? that fight between mark hunt and bigfoot silva was awesome. by the end of the fifth round neither fighter could barely lift their arms. a real slug fest. the fight went back and forth so many times. just a great fight.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

I was pulling for Hunt as I hate all Brazilian fighters.

Too bad Bigfoot was busted for elevated testosterone and is now suspended for 9 months, including forfeiting his $50k part of the bonus to Hunt.

that is too bad. tough break. hunt is probably enjoying the extra $$$.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    I was pulling for Hunt as I hate all Brazilian fighters.

Take that Silva, you arrogant clown. Hope you like crutches.

It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Take that Silva, you arrogant clown. Hope you like crutches.

Yes! Weidman vs Silva, 2-0. I can't stand silva. Too bad he didn't also get KTFO!

Weidman sent Silva into retirement.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

Silva no longer has a leg up on the competition.

Oh snap.

That would make me hopping mad.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

Geez, really? Did Cormier seriously think he had a shot against John Jones? Not only was it a loss for DC, it was an embarrassment. A physical and stylistical mismatch that resulted in another lopsided win for jbj.

I can't see anybody who's capable of beating Jones...except for maybe a rematch with Gustafson. Aside from that, Jones will reign supreme for a good long time. Nobody else is remotely capable of knocking him off.

Jonny "Bones" Jones checks himself into rehab to overcome his addiction to cocaine. Wow. Didn't see that one coming!

http://m.espn.go.com/extra/mma/story?storyId=12129597&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B"re f"%3A"https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F"%7D

Interesting that this is illegal, but not a banned substance. Test conducted on December 4th. Test results usually happen within 24 hours and a second retest of the same sample within one week. UFC leaders had to know, but they would have lost a ton of money if Jones bailed. Oh well, that entire fight card wasn't worth the money.

Quote Originally Posted by bigred72 View Post
    Oh well, that entire fight card wasn't worth the money.
    Well, yes and no. The best fight of the night by far was that ridiculous humiliating beatdown Cowboy put on Jury. That kid learned a valuable lesson about who NOT to trash talk that night. Joe Rogan said it best when he described Cowboy's performance in the last 10 seconds as "trying to kick a soccer ball to the moon." Later Cowboy admitted that he was intentionally trying to break Jury's legs with those monster leg kicks. I've never seen a guy wind up for leg kicks like that.

But yeah, the Jones/Cormier fight was a letdown.

The fact that Jones checked himself into rehab is suggesting that he's had a problem with that for a while. Otherwise, he'd just take his stripes and move on -- his title and his payment where unaffected by getting caught with drugs in his system.

It's kinda messed up that his title and his payout would be affected by diuretic drugs, but not illegal substances. I think the UFC is gonna come under pressure to amend that stance.

Jon Jones continues his path of self destruction. Last week he was involved in a traffic accident where he fled the scene on foot, after leaving Marijuana and a loaded pipe in his rental car. One of the drivers of the vehicles he hit was a pregnant woman. He was later apprehended and charged with a felony hit and run. UFC president Dana White felt the best course of action is to strip Jones of his title and his belt indefinitely, opening the door for a new light heavyweight champion to take his place.

UFC 187 will pit Anthony Johnson against Daniel Cormier for the belt that used to be on Jon Jone's waist. Should be a good fight. Johnson is 19-4, with impressive victories over Orlovski and Gustafsson. And Cormier has never been taken down in his career (except for the Jon Jones fight). Johnson is more of a striker, and Cormier more of a wrestler. So it should be an interesting fight of differing styles.

Pretty good fight between Chad Mendez and Connor MacGregor over the weekend. MacGregor cleaned Chad's clock -- tko in the 2nd round.

So is Ronda Rousey just going to have to start fighting in the men's division or what? She routinely destroys all of her opponents, basically making a mockery of anyone intrepid enough to step into the ring with her. I think the much talked about fight with "Cyborg" would end in the same fashion...Ronda in the first round, in less than 60 seconds. Is there no one on this planet capable of giving Rousey some form of competition?

Cris Cyborg Justino announces that she'll cut weight to 135 lbs to fight Ronda Rousey in December.

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/13...ounds-december

I wonder why, now cyborg thinks she can make the weight? Maybe she has done some test weight cuts? Rousey's weight cuts are pretty intense, which is why Rousey's so adamant about not doing a catch weight fight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Give up the steroids and making weight becomes much easier... one look at Cyborg and you know she is juicing.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Give up the steroids and making weight becomes much easier... one look at Cyborg and you know she is juicing.
    Yes he is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk