Thread: Moab Trail Suggestions

Moab Trail Suggestions

So this weekend my wife and I are going to be in Moab and decided to just take the Mt Bikes down.. honestly I have only ever ridden the slickrock trail in Moab and that was many eons ago so I am looking for some suggestions on easy trails (the wife has never really ridden anything harder than a dirt road on her Mt Bike)..

Looks like we will for sure do the Monitor and Merrimack but after that....
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by DOSS View Post
    So this weekend my wife and I are going to be in Moab and decided to just take the Mt Bikes down.. honestly I have only ever ridden the slickrock trail in Moab and that was many eons ago so I am looking for some suggestions on easy trails (the wife has never really ridden anything harder than a dirt road on her Mt Bike)..

Looks like we will for sure do the Monitor and Merrimack but after that....
    Try the MOAB Brand Trail System. Ride the Lazy - EZ loop. A great ride for begginers. If she wants to try something a little harder there are many options all from the same parking lot. http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/tr...and-trails.htm

Could also ride Dino-Flow at the Klondike Bluffs area. Nice smooth easy singletrack. http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails/dinoflow.htm

Another good one is the Big Chief Trails in Dead Horse Point State Park. http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/tr...d-horse-pt.htm

Spent last weekend out in Moab...I agree with neilether, go try the MOAB trail system, there is something for everyone out there
    go get lost, it is good for the soul

Thanks for the suggestions.. sounds like the MOAB brand trails are the place to go play around :)
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

We've been biking Moab for 25 years. Favorite place to take beginners:
    1. Bartlett Wash - beautiful, smooooth slickrock Very beginner friendly. You won't wear them out. Lots of fun, free-lance riding. Overall a short trip - in & out. Less crowded than Slickrock trail. One short portage to get your bike up on the slickrock. A couple of short sandtraps.
    2. If you don't mind the crowds - the "Practice Loop" of the Slickrock Bike Trail. Endless fun on slickrock & a great way to get her broken in for more difficult stuff. Party-like atmosphere this time of year. IMO