Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Group Rides

FYI: Next Corner Canyon race is May 14th, also one on June 4th.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by PunchKing View Post
    Tuesday May 9, 2013. Corner Canyon in Draper somewhere as long as those competitive racists er I mean racers are not there.

Anyone with a preference on where to start? We could ride up Clark's Trail from the Coyote trail head, could do potato hill, or even ghost falls. I am game for whatever. Thoughts?
    May 7th you mean...
    Let's meet at Coyote at 6 PM. There are plenty of loops from that trailhead.

Who's in?

Viewing on a mobile device? Click this link to open the map: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Coyote+Hollow+Court,+Draper,+UT&hl=en&ll=40.49369,-111.839544&spn=0.003681,0.005681&sll=40.514863,-111.773172&sspn=0.666089,1.454315&t=h&hnear=Coyote+Hollow+Ct,+Draper,+Salt+Lake,+Utah+84020&z=18

Yes you are right. I will be at the coyote. It is a pretty good climb from there so I will bring my climbing legs.
    So, Kid, you think you got what it takes to be a Punch King?

Quote Originally Posted by PunchKing View Post
    Yes you are right. I will be at the coyote. It is a pretty good climb from there so I will bring my climbing legs.
    I just got off vacation and haven't pedaled for a while.

I may join you depending on weather. Don't wait for me if I'm not there on time. If I go I'll probably start at the Potato Hill trailhead and pedal over to Coyote Hollow.
    Are we there yet?

@PunchKing and I blitzed a loop in 40 minutes and just got off the trail before a downpour. @tallsteve started with us too, but had some mechanical issues and had to go back. We missed a couple other people too. We left the parking lot right at 6pm with very dark clouds looming. Sorry guys.

Where do ya'll want to ride next Tuesday?

Yeah, It's never fun having to sling your bike over your shoulder and hike out because the rear derailleur/chain is so jammed in the cassette the wheel won't spin! Of course it had to happen the day I post in answer to Sombeach's question that the X-9 has been the most trouble-free derailleur I've used! Actually, I'm not sure the problem is the derailleur. Taking it in to the bike shop today. It was also the maiden voyage of a new, lite-weight, fast rolling, front tire I had just mounted and was excited about trying out. Oh, well, another day.
    I hear Flying Dog may be ready to go by next Tuesday (hint, hint!).
    Are we there yet?

Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve View Post
    Yeah, It's never fun having to sling your bike over your shoulder and hike out because the rear derailleur/chain is so jammed in the cassette the wheel won't spin! Of course it had to happen the day I post in answer to Sombeach's question that the X-9 has been the most trouble-free derailleur I've used! Actually, I'm not sure the problem is the derailleur. Taking it in to the bike shop today. It was also the maiden voyage of a new, lite-weight, fast rolling, front tire I had just mounted and was excited about trying out. Oh, well, another day.
    I hear Flying Dog may be ready to go by next Tuesday (hint, hint!).
    Dang that sucks!

Good call on the PC trails, might be a winner.

I am game for the flying dog, I will be surprised if there isn't a fair bit of water and mud but will hit it none the less.
    So, Kid, you think you got what it takes to be a Punch King?

The only trail that is still closed is Flying Dog. The others, like Glenwild, are open now. With the temps warming up into the 80's over the weekend and a projected 84 on Tuesday, I'm thinking Flying Dog will be open.
    Are we there yet?

Park City has a new trails condition page: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hTDMzTVE#gid=0
    Are we there yet?

Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve View Post
    Park City has a new trails condition page: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hTDMzTVE#gid=0
    Cool! This would be a great resource to have in a thread on it's own. Thanks for the data.

So is the flying dog ride still on for tuesday?

Sent from my SPH-L900

Lets shoot for the flying dog and if it is still muddy we will ride glenwild loop.

Meet near the restroom on glenwild drive at 6 PM.

Viewing on a mobile device? Click this link to open the map: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Glenwild+Dr,+Park+City,+Summit,+Utah+84098&hl=en&ll=40.727767,-111.536357&spn=0.003163,0.006089&geocode=FU6JbQIdFy9a-Q&hnear=Glenwild+Dr,+Park+City,+Summit,+Utah+84098&t=h&z=18

I'm in...he'll yeah...my riding legs suck

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Flying Dog is OPEN!
    Are we there yet?

I'll be there. Keep in mind that this is a 16 mile loop so, we need to start pedaling on time or we'll be finishing in the dark.
    Are we there yet?

I had to run down to Lake Powell to help a friend work on his boat. I'll see you suckers next week...have a great ride.

Fairly sure I'm not ready for Flying Dog on a Tuesday night. Maybe catch up to you hardcore suckers next week.