Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Group Rides

2013 Group Rides

Who wants to get this going? Many of the lower elevation trails are rideable in SLC. Corner canyon or the bobsled would be a good place to start.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

In!
    So, Kid, you think you got what it takes to be a Punch King?

K. This week it will be Draper. Meet at the Parking area halfway up traverse ridge, its called the potato hill parking I think. Lets meet there at 6 PM, map below. The Google picture needs to be updated, you now take a hard left and go through the gate, where there is parking. Maybe @Iceaxe will join, its his stomping grounds...great riding.

Viewing on a mobile device? Click this link to open the map: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=potato+hill+draper&hl=en&ll=40.487872,-111.847816&spn=0.002259,0.003484&sll=40.580574,-111.722535&sspn=0.816663,1.783905&hnear=Potato+Hill&t=h&z=19

It looks like Thursday is the best for me next week. Can you make that happen?

It looks like the weather might be more favorable too...

Dang, I am out for this Thursday, but I would like to start riding soon.

Thursday works for me.
    So, Kid, you think you got what it takes to be a Punch King?

There is a 60% chance of rain on Thursday.... This is after we had heavy rain (and snow in the mtns) on Friday, Monday and Tuesday. I got caught in a rain storm up there on Friday and it was not fun. I bet you remember when we hit some mud up there several years ago...not good. We can look for reports from @Iceaxe .

Lets shoot for next Thursday, anybody else want to join?

Picture from last Friday on Potato Hill.

I'll get you some trail conditions and try to join you.

I would love to join, this weather is killing my plans!

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Tuesdays are bad for me this year. I'll have to look at Wednesdays or Thursdays.

Tuesdays and Thursdays are best for me. Just hope we can ride soon. To much snow lately.

Sent from my SPH-L900

I can ride most Thursdays. Post times and location here or start a Meetup.

K. This week it will be Draper on Thursday. I hope it will be dry enough by then? @Iceaxe?

Meet at the Parking area halfway up traverse ridge, its called the potato hill parking I think. Lets meet there at 6 PM, map below. The Google picture needs to be updated, you now take a hard left and go through the gate, where there is parking. Maybe @Iceaxe will join, its his stomping grounds...great riding.

Viewing on a mobile device? Click this link to open the map: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=potato+hill+draper&hl=en&ll=40.487872,-111.847816&spn=0.002259,0.003484&sll=40.580574,-111.722535&sspn=0.816663,1.783905&hnear=Potato+Hill&t=h&z=19

Is this ride still on for Thursday? I'm hoping to make it

Sent from my SPH-L900

The CC trails are still closed as of right now: http://www.cornercanyontrails.com/trail-openclosed/. If they open up tomorrow I'll probably join you.
    Are we there yet?

Quote Originally Posted by RedSpecialized View Post
    Is this ride still on for Thursday? I'm hoping to make it

Sent from my SPH-L900
    I am planning on giving it a go unless it's a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve View Post
    The CC trails are still closed as of right now: http://www.cornercanyontrails.com/trail-openclosed/. If they open up tomorrow I'll probably join you.
    Hmmm. I just figured after 2+ days to dry out they should be open. @Iceaxe might have a report for us. There are other trails as the article mentions that you can ride year-round. We could ride up to Ghost Falls and back.

That website doesn't show some of the lower elevation trails. Several should be rideable down by the equestrian park: http://www.skidmap.com/?p=40.49642,-...ev,linker,help

If you move the meet-up to the equestrian center you don't have to worry about closed trails as the bottom trails and the north loop to Ghost Falls are always open.

Anyhoo.... it's cold outsdie right now. I'll do the ride if it's warm but you might want to move it back anther week as it doesn't look like it's going to warm up much.

50 tomorrow works for me. If it looks sketchy up on potato hill, we'll just drive down to the equestrian center and ride canyon creek to BST and spring hollow or out at the pool.

Tuesday next week!!!

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    If it looks sketchy up on potato hill, we'll just drive down to the equestrian center
    Yeah, but that doesn't help me because I was going to ride my bike to Potato Hill to join up. If the trail is closed I'm out for sure.