Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 55.56%
  • No

4 44.44%

Thread: Should I buy it?

Should I buy it?

Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Sure

We need some details here, bud...I owned a '76 back in the 80s. I loved that thing.

So...engine. Is it the stock six or did they put a V8 in it? Can you drive it? That's important, because if they changed the suspension it could have a terribly stiff ride on the highway. What are the mods?

Cost? Those things aren't cheap...I've seen clean ones like that going for more than 20K. They're fun, alright...as long as it doesn't turn into a money pit.

It's too bad late model Jeeps are so expensive, as that may be a better alternative...I don't know, man. I've got a man crush on those Landcruisers, but the potential...$$$$$$$.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

That's a nice looking one. I'd want to know the details of the engine, suspension, tranny, diffs, lockers, and a close inspection for rust.

No, The fact you made a poll suggests need to be convinced one way or the other. Unless you are absolutely in love with a POS Suzuki Samurai and are willing to spend tons of money fixing it, being willing to tolerate it's unreliability, gutless engine, zero acceleration, and all other factors associated with Suzuki Samurai's, you should not pursue buying a Suzuki Samurai. Unless you love Suzuki Samurai's, then all these other factors don't really come into play and you tolerate the mitigating factors because you just love them. If you loved them though, you wouldn't be making indecisive polls, now would you?

Edit: the back curved windows are pretty darn sexy though.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

9. Likes Deathcricket liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Jeep?
    Sorry, my bad, edited.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcricket View Post
    Sorry, my bad, edited.
    It's a Toyota! Big difference IMO...

12. Likes Deathcricket liked this post
    not a samurai. not a jeep. toyota land cruiser! buy it.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

I vote 4 door Jeep Rubicon, like @IntrepidXJ 's.

From the looks of that pic, that Cruiser should make the local car show circuit and never see mud and snow again.

Scott
    I have a 81 cj 5 and a 86 scrambler that are both immaculate and I would trade them tomorrow for a four door jeep. There fun and all and great in Moab but a nice four door to be able to get on the highway and motor would be nice. If you just want a toy that is one thing but riding from your house to southern Utah in that toy will be a long ride.

Looks like it was sold. I probably wouldn't have actually bought it, but thought it would be a nice mid-life crisis present. I always wanted one. I almost bought a '72 in 1993, when we were first married, but Kim thought it was hard to drive. So we bought a Samurai instead.

Anyway, my old Pathfinder (bought new in the 1990's and I still have it) only sees ~1200 miles a year and something above would see the same or less.

My mid-life crisis thing was supposed to be climbing a big mountain, but my employer says no. I guess I'll never get to climb a big mountain, but that Cruiser sounded nice, even if I probably wouldn't have actually bought it (unless I had more spare cash lying around).
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Don't worry man, you'll find the right one for you and know it's right when the time comes. I would suggest joining a land cruser forum and checking out it's for sale section. So you know what price range and level of restore to expect, and where the trouble spots might be like rusting out pans and such. If you're in Saint George, the guy who runs the sushi bar at Harmons has a super nice one around that year. My favorite part is the AC vent you can operate with your foot, genius! Hehe. I thought it was amazing and then I drove it around the block, then I didn't like it at all. But it sounds like you are already very familiar with them though. And who knows, you may start on the land cruser path and end up getting something else. I myself encountered mid life crisis and wanted to buy a rat rod or some 1930ish Studebaker, but on my journey I discovered turbo VW's and ended up buying this puppy, a 1960 Bug with a huge engine crammed in it.

Name:  Banshee.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  42.5 KB

And it's weird, some people don't "get it" and some people do. Some people come up to me and are upset about "ruining" a vintage car and not restoring it "properly" with stock parts, some people are upset about putting a turbo on a 4 cylinder car instead of an 8 cyl. But I love it and that's all that matters. Same for you I think. Follow your dream man, and you'll be happy no matter what.

There is another fj40 for sale in Craig. It sits east of Victory Motors. Heard he was selling it, but dont know how much he wants for it.

I have had 3 fj40's and they were the best offroad vehicles that I have owned, plus I made a significant profit when I sold them.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Unless you are absolutely in love with a POS Suzuki Samurai and are willing to spend tons of money fixing it, being willing to tolerate it's unreliability, gutless engine, zero acceleration, and all other factors associated with Suzuki Samurai's, you should not pursue buying a Suzuki Samurai.
    Put down the crack pipe. You sound like a liberal attempting to make some talking points on the gun ban. Gotta get your vehicles straight here, the only thing you have right, is you picked one that was made in the same country Right church, wrong pew

Quit hating on the Samurai, for a vehicle that was sold off the showroom floor for less than 9K, they weren't bad little vehicles. I owned them and did some petty neat stuff with them. Put some shocked looks on faces of Jeep owners And those Land Cruisers, another very capable off-roader. Mods for both those vehicles are wonders.

Go for the next LC Scott. So many options, so many aftermarket parts. And Scott, the Dooge was pulling my Samurai and all went well

21. Likes accadacca, Deathcricket liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    Put down the crack pipe.
    I love my crack pipe and my guns. You really think the car in question will see a single day on the rocks? Looks like you need to pick the crack pipe up to open your eyes.

You really think the car in question will see a single day on the rocks?
    If I bought it With Scott, who knows I think he would mildly traverse rocks with it...As long as it doesn't try and kill him

24. Likes Deathcricket liked this post

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum