Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The repair list - what are you fixing now?

The repair list - what are you fixing now?

Right now i need to replace my rear derailleur cable. Somehow it got frayed while riding the Pipe Dream in Moab.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1364769667757.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  61.8 KB

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I noticed that my fork seal is leaking and it drained quite a bit hanging upside down all winter.

It seems to have quite a bit of sag now...

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364773013.288672.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  21.1 KB

Full rebuild of my BMC Streetracer SL02 (potentially with some fiber repair)
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

My 2011 Trek Madone 5.9 in preparation for a sale. Basically just swapping cassette over to a different set of rims, new tires, and then a function check. The real repair is gonna be my bugeye WRX that's needs some TLC now that it's hit over 150,000 miles.
    Exercise is the elixir of life!

just put on new brake pads and bled them...
    go get lost, it is good for the soul

Just trying to find that super annoying creak......it is proving to be quite elusive.

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    So far in the past 7 months... rear shock was sent back and refurbished. front shock seals replaced, drop post was sent back and refurbished, new seat, rear disk brake replaced, front and rear brake pads, and new chain is in I just need to go have it put on. It looks like I need to start thinking of upgrading my drive train. That will have to be next year and when I do I am considering a 2x10. Anyway aside from replacing the brake system my baby feels like an almost new bike!
    Chere'

Besides the cable, I just realized you can see my on-the-trail repair job (failed) in this pic. The derailleur cable housing tore, so the cable wasn't getting the right tension and wouldn't shift. I tried taping it with a tire lever to hold it in the housing but that's probably when my cable frayed near the derailleur.

madd paint skillz

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 258
Size:  628.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    I noticed that my fork seal is leaking and it drained quite a bit hanging upside down all winter.

It seems to have quite a bit of sag now...

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364773013.288672.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  21.1 KB
    Thoughts? Should I just add some oil/air, then ride! It sounds like a fork rebuild is 70-80 bones. Is it worth it or should I just buy a new one? The fork is quite old and I'm not sure which kind I would need...

I used to spend 150.00 every 8 months getting my fork rebuilt. My italian made marzochi has been the best fork. A new fork will cost you 500-800.00 I just replaced my brake fluid in preparation for Moab at the end of this month.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Got my cable housing and cable replaced last night. Cost? A little over 5 bucks

The rear derailleur still needs a tuneup but I can access about 7 of the 9 gears back there so it's good enough for a quick ride down in St George this weekend

When I have some more time and aren't in a rush to get it done, I'll send it in for a proper tuneup.

I have an appointment this week with Go-Ride to get my fork rebuilt.

Replacing my rear cassette, middle chainring and chain. Had some slight chain suck and a lot of missed-shifts. The middle ring looks awful- so I figured I'd do up the whole thing. This is why I love MTB'ing...my bike can ride like new for under $100.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Mountain guy trapped in the wetlands of Florida.

Just had my rear wheel relaced. They ended up only charging me $70 for new spokes / nipples and retrue, from when my DH bent and the chain got shifted into the spokes last year..

I haven't fixed a damn thing on my three-year-old bike. I guess that means I need to ride more?
    Blog | FB

Just re-bled my brakes

Put on a new racing Ralph last night in prep for the Whiskey Race next weekend.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

The truck
    The turbo just got freshened up for this season, in Michigan now, waiting on Monday to be shipped back.
    Truck needs some other odds and ends; new hitch, frame repaired/strengthened, oil change, new gear ratio in the axles....
    None of this can happen til' that turbo gets back.
    Oh yea, A/C is getting plumed back in this year, screw no A/C in the Floriduh summers

Not strictly a repair, but I upgraded my road bike drivetrain (inc. the BB and shifters) plus the brakes to full Ultegra. I also installed a new Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheelset.

Quote Originally Posted by Candace66 View Post
    Not strictly a repair, but I upgraded my road bike drivetrain (inc. the BB and shifters) plus the brakes to full Ultegra. I also installed a new Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheelset.
    Wanna sell some of your old hardware at a discount to me (looking to build up a spare loaner bike) :)
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"