Thread: Donald Trump, Willing to fund Whitehouse Tours(rejected)

We're all here, because we ain't all there.

Donald Trump, Willing to fund Whitehouse Tours(rejected)

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Of course they rejected it...can't have anything or anybody getting in the way of the pain! Gotta make it hurt, man.

$267,000 for some mid level bureaucrat at the Dept. of Agriculture to remodel a 100 sq. ft. bathroom. Forty some thousand for the cabinets alone. These people are nothing more than thieves. Did you hear Biden is taking his THIRD vacation of 2013? The Obama's are livin' large too! Must be nice to have a virtually unlimited expense account.

And they scream and yell about Wall Street greed...????
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

Did you hear Biden is taking his THIRD vacation of 2013? The Obama's are livin' large too! Must be nice to have a virtually unlimited expense account.

And they scream and yell about Wall Street greed...????
    Yes, but where were the conservatives when Bush/Cheney were doing this?

My wife and I worked on a project at the Jackson WY airport during 2001. Dick Cheney would fly in there on a regular basis to go fishing for the weekend. It isn't just Air Force 1 (technically Air Force 2 when the VP is aboard) that comes along, but first a C103 is flow in with all the entourage (limos, security, etc.) aboard.

My wife and I had to have special badges so we could drive under the wing of Air Force 1 to reach our project. We also got to "meet" Dick Cheney, or at least he waved to us while we were working.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

@Scott P- For years you have been saying that you are a moderate and "far from being a liberal", but for what it is worth I saw you had replied to this thread and before I saw your post I knew you would dismiss the ignorance of the White House on this matter, and some how bring it back to trash the Republicans.

I have no problem with you being liberal, but I do think it is time you drop the charade. You may not have started out as a Democrat, but you sure seem to share a lot of their views and defend them at every corner now.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

6. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    And for what it is worth, there were plenty of Republicans and especially Conservatives who decried President Bush. I haven't liked Bush since the start of the Iraq war, and I see a lot of negative similarities between Bush and FDR. That said, as bad as I felt President Bush was, I do feel as though President Obama is worse. Regardless of the facts or situation, your posts have not held the Obama administration negatively accountable for anything and continue to point blame at Bush over and over.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

No Whitehouse visits BUT--We can send this Presidents daughters first to a Caribbean Island and then load them up from there and send them to Sun Valley.....

So the serfs need to cut back so the king can live in luxury, I get it.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Eric Bolling, Sean Hannity and a few others stepped up to fund it, all turned down.

And for what it is worth, there were plenty of Republicans and especially Conservatives who decried President Bush.
    Going back to the original topic, a fair point is that all of the presidents (regardless of party) have taken expensive vacations (at least in the last several decades). If you want to blame one, you have to blame them all. Google or Bing "Presidential Vacation Days" and see. Blaming one and not the others is hypocritical.

@Scott P - For years you have been saying that you are a moderate and "far from being a liberal", but for what it is worth I saw you had replied to this thread and before I saw your post I knew you would dismiss the ignorance of the White House on this matter, and some how bring it back to trash the Republicans.
    No, it's the hypocracy that I don't like (and hypocracy is a quality shared by both parties).

I have no problem with you being liberal, but I do think it is time you drop the charade. You may not have started out as a Democrat, but you sure seem to share a lot of their views and defend them at every corner now.
    Nothing above was defending them; only to ask where the other party was when their own candidates were doing the exact same thing. The only views I lean more with the Democrats than the Republicans are some of the land protections and foreign policy (though on the latter I've been really disappointed in many things the democrats have done as well, though I still thing the Republicans would have been worse).

Much of your perception is due to the nature of threads on Bogley since most of the negative post are towards the Democrats and I find much of it hypocritical if it is for the same things the Republicans do or have done. If most of the post were trashing the Republicans, I'd call on that in the same way too, but that isn't how Bogley leans.

For the record I've been plenty critical of some of the things Democrats have done as well. For example, even though Republicans were also involved, I find the bailouts of GM and Chrysler (especially) to be absolutely deplorable. I'm sure JP can tell you all about my feelings towards Chrysler and bailing them out. Worst waste of taxpayer money. Ever.

Though I'm not against helping people out by any means, I also find it wrong that most people on welfare have either cable TV and Satellite Dish. Also, it was wrong (both parties are to blame, but perhaps even more the democrats) to cut tuition assistance to the military personnel while funding a bunch of other less important things.

If you want to see me criticize the democrats, than let's discuss thing like the auto bailout.

You do have one point though. Since living in Craig my opinion of Republicans have gone down hill from what they used to be.

PS, here is a political compass test:

http://www.politicalcompass.org/test

I have also posted my results (though it had no "neutral choices" on some that I'd like). As you can see, I'm really close to the middle (which isn't to say all my views are in the middle, but that I have strong opinions that are shared from either party).

Name:  Poli.JPG
Views: 179
Size:  50.9 KB
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Nice post, Scott...my take on it is this:

Two wrongs don't make a right. I think the bitching about past presidents and/or congressmen living large on the public dime was more easily dismissed because the economy was far different (better).

When Obama comes out to convince us that the suffering needs to be "shared" and "everyone" needs to pitch in...you get the picture. 50 million on food stamps, welfare addiction through the roof, his party and comrades in the media trying to convince us that people are starving in this country...while the rich live it up. That's hypocrisy for ya!

They point and snicker, and then do it themselves. There's a name for that, it's bullshit artist. I would be happier if Obama and Biden, in times like these, were going considerably easier with the perks. It's what I would do.

So living in Craig is making you not so groovy with the conservatives, eh? Is it because they're all a bunch of ignorant, inbreed religious zealots? Hunting, killing, thrashing everything, eating bad food, lazy...perhaps you should move to Boulder?

I've worked plenty in that town, and for tons and tons of liberal families. They are no different...dirty, dysfunctional, scatterbrained, wasteful, self righteous just like anyone else. Try hanging out in Summit county for a stretch, where all those hippie liberals live. They're all a bunch of bums. Trust me, I know...as I dated their queen for a while.

Besides Scott, it's a lot more fun to pick a side and dig in.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

They point and snicker, and then do it themselves.
    Agreed, and applicable to much more than just this. I practice what I preach should be an unbreakable campaign promise, regardless of political affiliation. Of course, that will never happen.

So living in Craig is making you not so groovy with the conservatives, eh?
    Yes, but I won't say all of why on a public forum. There are still some good people in Craig, but yes, there are some problems, some of which you allude to (and which I said some of on another thread).

perhaps you should move to Boulder?
    I've never even been there and don't plan to live there. Plus, I don't like what they did to the Arapahoe Glacier.

Try hanging out in Summit county for a stretch, where all those hippie liberals live.
    I've already worked plenty of places such as Aspen, Telluride, etc. Once while working on a paving project in Aspen someone in a new Mercedes was screaming at everyone that we can't block access to his street. He said something like his time was too important and he shouldn't have to drive a half mile(?) out of his way to get to his house. After tiring of it, the flagger told him to go ahead and drive his car through the new asphalt if he wanted. He was silent for a second and then drove off. So, yes I know that people like that exist, if those are the ones you are referring to.

Besides Scott, it's a lot more fun to pick a side and dig in.
    Because of certain issues I have with either of the two main parties, I will not join either one. I belong to the Common Sense Party. Unfortunately, Republicans and Democrats don't seem to want to join.

Well, maybe this is actually a good organization to join (I'd certainly join up with them):

http://conservamerica.org/

Actually, even though I disagree with many of their points there are/were few politicians I like/liked on either side. Examples would be Governor Huntsman (R) and Mark Udall (D).

Keep in mind a couple things:

First--We currently go over some sort of fiscal calamity, every two months. This irresponsibility has resulted in a sequestration that was designed by this President.
    He likes to let us serfs know that we are being punished for governments lack of any kind of ability to govern--in a minimum way. So past incidents, are not equal comparisons to todays problems.

Second--We're talking about the President's KIDS, not the President, Not the first lady, his kids are going on week long lavish vacations, at taxpayers expense.
    While I was not a Bush fan--his daughters seemed to disappear during his Presidency. So Scott, if you want to compare Presidential vacation time--do so with equal comparisons. Presidents kids vs. president's kids. Not President's kids vs. Vice President's vacation.

Anyway, the point is, during these current financial times, were a President cancels Whitehouse tours for children due to sequester, it seems a bit--In your face--when the king doesn't cut back his personal budget and in fact increases his(our) expenses for vacations for his own kids.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?