Thread: Leprechaun Canyon Video

Leprechaun Canyon Video

Last Saturday my daughter Stormy and I ran through the East Fork of Leprechaun Canyon. The Climb-Utah.com video clip for Leprechaun was old and not in HD so we decided it would be a good time to update it and this is the results.

We spent a fair amount of time in the slot taking pictures and shooting video so I was amazed when we finished and I looked at my watch and noticed we did the entire route, trailhead to trailhead, in 1 hour 45 minutes from the Sandthrax campground. I though that was a pretty respectable time for an old man.

FWIW: The route is currently completely dry..... enjoy the show...

You can subscribe to Climb-Utah's YouTube channel and gain complete access to all our video's.

We have also finally caved to the Facebook pressure and started a Facebook Page.
    Like Climb-Utah on Facebook

2. Likes Slot Machine, Scott P, hesse15, Kuya liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Great video! Makes it look like I could do that canyon. I've thought that all of the Leprechauns were too narrow for a fat (250 lb) guy. Is that not actually true?
    --Cliff

Quote Originally Posted by ilipichicuma View Post
    Great video! Makes it look like I could do that canyon. I've thought that all of the Leprechauns were too narrow for a fat (250 lb) guy. Is that not actually true?
    You are good to go in the east fork where the video was than... no problemoo....

The middle and west fork might be out of your reach.

You can always ask me about a specific canyon if you have questions.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

6. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    You are good to go in the east fork where the video was than... no problemoo....

The middle and west fork might be out of your reach.
    Shane describes an escape route in his beta for the West Fork. We did it once, not to escape but to speed things up and not do whole reroute up. Need to do about 100' of friction climbing and then all hiking. So a bigger person who would not make it thru Middle could do West Fork, climb up buttress to cap and then over to East Fork. You would skip Middle and Belfast. I found that West is tighter than East but not too much. Just a thought, saves lots of time and fun alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    L.

We spent a fair amount of time in the slot taking pictures and shooting video so I was amazed when we finished and I looked at my watch and noticed we did the entire route, trailhead to trailhead, in 1 hour 45 minutes from the Sandthrax campground. I though that was a pretty respectable time for an old man.

wow that is so cute that you are going with your kids, and probably you tough it up trying to impress them!!!!
    what is pretty soon you are going to have them carry all the ropes and gears for you?
    If they love the sport definitely have the best expert for it, just please no overnight stay!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hesse15 View Post
    what is pretty soon you are going to have them carry all the ropes and gears for you?
    My oldest already carries the rope....

Stormy carries the rope and I carry the extra 35 years.

And I don't try to impress my kids, I'm usually too busy trying to keep up.

Thanks so much for posting this video . I made my first trip to Utah two years ago and we started up Leprechaun from the bottom as a day hike but were stopped by water in the exit tunnel . Last year , after taking a rappelling class , my brother and I had planned on doing the east fork in the afternoon , after another canyon in the morning . As a " newbe " to the sport of canyoneering , I am sure that I really slowed my brother down since he had to set the webbing , ropes , knots and then double check my harness and ATC . By the time we finished our first canyon , we were both pretty tired and decided to not continue to Leprechaun . So , I very much appreciate being able to view this beautiful canyon while sitting at home 1200 miles away . This will only wet my appetite to make another trip to Utah and experience Mother Earth in her truest form . Best wishes and thanks again !