Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yo-yo ascent on a Canyon Fire 8.3mm?

I have only used the Croll while ascending with a chest harness in a caving situation coming out. I guess I don't know/or understand how or if I can attach it to a regular canyon harness? I really liked the Croll but just don't have the knowlege as of yet. My typical ascending set up is a ropeman 2 and prusik.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia View Post
    Names were shared with Mr. K before he published, but of course, the Proud Anti-Semite had no use for those "silly names".

The standard in climbing has always been that one does not get to name a route until one actually gets it done. I had thought the same ethic applied to canyons, but then again, Mr. K is not exactly within anyone else's 'ethic'.

Tom
    Give it up, Tom. Hating on a hater is just as bad as hating. Hating an anti-semite is no way to solve problems and makes you just as bad as him. His naming convention is much preferable to yours because it prevents confusion and does not try to hide its location. Just like Iceaxe said, you're trying to be eletist. Couldn't agree with Iceaxe more: "But speaking of tacky... I'd put whining that your secret name was not used for the secret canyon you never told anyone about to being on equally tacky footing with naming a route you have never done." Just as hateful as hating Jewish people is hating people who hate Jewish people.

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qedcook View Post
    Give it up, Tom. Hating on a hater is just as bad as hating. Hating an anti-semite is no way to solve problems and makes you just as bad as him. His naming convention is much preferable to yours because it prevents confusion and does not try to hide its location. Just like Iceaxe said, you're trying to be eletist. Couldn't agree with Iceaxe more: "But speaking of tacky... I'd put whining that your secret name was not used for the secret canyon you never told anyone about to being on equally tacky footing with naming a route you have never done." Just as hateful as hating Jewish people is hating people who hate Jewish people.
    Love you too, QED.

T

5. Likes MrAdam liked this post

7. Likes ratagonia liked this post