Thread: Antelope Island - Buffalo Run

Antelope Island - Buffalo Run

Did my first trail run and first time ever running 16 miles on Saturday.. IT WAS COLD! at one point the sweat that had accumulated on the brim of my cap froze solid and was until the end of the race.. All in all it was a good time and really freaking hard.. I ran with my wife so she is the one in yellow in front of me for the majority of my timelapse below.. I only have until mile 10ish (both of our phones went full retard recording GPX of the route and I forgot to change the battery in the gopro)..

Did anyone else run this?
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Looks like a fun run. Thanks for sharing!
    If you are wondering what my wife and I are doing in my Avatar... we are laughing at all you funny looking Bogleyites!

Great way to use the GoPro while running, thanks for posting.

I see so many runners wearing the GoPro and I'm thinking "man that footage is gonna suck". Running is so shaky, so many disappointed runners when they open their footage on the computer. But the still shots is a great way to capture the whole run.

Blog Entries
    That was actually enjoyable. I agree with Sombeech that a full-motion vid is gonna suck. But the stills is a good idea. Never thought of that...

Congrats on the 12mile run though. I'm about up to 4miles 3/x week and that sucks...
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    That was actually enjoyable. I agree with Sombeech that a full-motion vid is gonna suck. But the stills is a good idea. Never thought of that...

Congrats on the 12mile run though. I'm about up to 4miles 3/x week and that sucks...
    Thanks, yeah I figured since vid looks like butt when walking that running wouldn't turn out so well.. I just wish the Gopro would beep at me when the battery goes low :(..

oh and it was 16 miles.. and I started this January running 3 miles 2Xs a week
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

Nice work. I was out there volunteering Friday through Sat. You probably ran by me at the hole in the fence as I was working that aid station at that point.

I was out there, running the 50 miler. It is a great course and very scenic. I felt bad for the 100 mile runners. Running through the night with the wind and cold had to have been miserable. Great video thanks for sharing.